PDA

View Full Version : Early March 2017

SueQ
07-18-2016, 12:39 PM
My husband and I have booked our trip for March 2017. We'll be arriving on a Thursday 3/2 and leaving on Saturday 3/11. How are the crowds usually at this time?? what about weather?? We have gone the end of March into April and it was really warm and the crowds weren't horrible. I'm hoping the Flower and Garden Festival will have started by then too.

We're spending 3 nights at All Star Sports and then 6 in a studio villa at Boardwalk :mickey:

Strmchsr
07-18-2016, 03:08 PM
The F&GF begins March 1 so you're good there. March is full on spring break season so don't expect low crowds. Easter isn't until April 16 so you should avoid the worst of the crowds in early March, but it's still spring break. As for weather, in general it's quite nice in early March. The cold snaps are generally past and the real heat hasn't arrived yet. The only caveat is March is one of the wetter months but talking any specifics on weather beyond 5-7 days is impossible.

buzznwoodysmom
07-19-2016, 09:28 AM
OP you will catch the tail end of Mardi Gras crowds. I wouldn't expect it to be too bad, however we have seen an increase in crowds when we go for Mardi Gras. Some years have been worse than others. With it in late Feb. next year it may not be too bad. We'll be there until Saturday, March 4th.

I had no idea the Flower and Garden Festival started on March 1 next year. That's great news. Gotta make sure I save some Epcot time for late in our trip!!