PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Go

missymouseworld
07-12-2016, 04:41 PM
Well our local police are warning gamers and all interested in playing about trespassing etc. Is it that popular everywhere? Why couldn't Disney think of this with their characters....then I'm in. :)

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-12-2016, 08:11 PM
It is that popular! I actually had someone come to a meeting today (and yes, he's a "grown-up") while still playing. :)

Altair
07-12-2016, 09:30 PM
Why couldn't Disney think of this with their characters....then I'm in. :)

They are not that bright, but they will start working on it now, so look for it in about 4 to 5 years, long after the fad dies.

1DisneyNut
07-13-2016, 08:47 AM
Apparently it is that popular. Our dogs were barking about 2 hours after dark last night and I went outside to investigate with gun in hand and found that a neighbors late teenage son was walking around in search of one of the stupid sites or whatever you call them. I don't know what is wrong with some of these people, they are so wrapped up in this stupid game they don't think straight and are roaming at night, trespassing, etc. It won't be long until you start seeing news stories of some of them getting shot because they were mistaken as intruders or thieves or whatever.

Arielfan98
07-15-2016, 03:26 PM
My coworker said she saw a teenager walking around the neighborhood at 6am (school is out), and she was shocked. Pokemon Go is the culprit for sure. It definitely has it's advantages, like getting people to walk. However, I've noticed people are glued to their phones and they don't notice their surroundings. I also suggest they make this for Harry Potter.

Lindsey
07-23-2016, 05:23 PM
My husband and I are playing Pokemon Go, and we've met a lot of really nice people while doing so. :) We haven't had any problems in our city with people trespassing; most Pokemon show up where PokeStops are, and PokeStops are on public property, (this is true everywhere, not just where I live). Pokemon can pop up anywhere though, (like in my kitchen last night), so people need to make certain that it's OK to approach certain places. I will say.....my husband and I walk an average of 3 miles when playing Pokemon, yesterday we walked 6 miles, and that is GOOD NEWS considering Americas obesity problem. This game requires walking, not just to find Pokemon, but to also hatch Pokemon eggs. The game lists how many km you have to walk before the egg will hatch, and you also earn medals when you have walked certain distances. :thumbsup:

TheDuckRocks
07-24-2016, 10:48 AM
We live in an area that is mainly farm country with developments scattered here and there. They are playing Pokemon Go in our neighborhood. The PokeStops in our area do go onto private property! A friend of mine had a group of teenagers in her backyard late one night this pass week. She heard one of them shout "Got him", when she asked them what they were doing they explained and told her that the Pokémon was on her deck. Signs have started to appear in front of houses asking that the players not trespass.

Lindsey
07-25-2016, 03:36 PM
There should not be any PokeStops on private property, but again, Pokemon can spawn anywhere....a PokeStop is not required. I have only heard of 1 private location ending up as a PokeStop, and that is because it used to be a public location. If somehow a private location ended up as an actual PokeStop, (not just some place where Pokemon have spawned....which is everywhere), then the property owner should contact Niantic, they will remove the stop location from the property. People need to remember that if someone is trespassing they are likely a kids; kids don't have a good grasp of property ownership since they themselves have never owned a car let alone land. Most players are not causing problems, and many are actually helping their communities. Groups get together carrying garbage bags to pick up trash in town as they play the game. Individuals go to local animal shelters to walk dogs while they go look for Pokemon. Exercise and community service are happening, but too many people are focusing on the negative, (and the media has been happy to contribute). Players of Pokemon Go need to be respectful of other peoples property and also watch out for their own safety. Not everyone who plays this game is going to do that, just like everyone who uses text messaging is. Most of us know not to text and drive, but some people still do it.