PDA

View Full Version : Fast Pass Crowd Question

Tigger's Mom
07-06-2016, 07:39 AM
A friend of a friend was recently in WDW and claims that the parks (or at least a couple attractions) were so crowded they stopped honoring the FP. Has anyone ever heard of Disney doing so? I'm just curious if anyone else heard similar stories. I don't know the person or the circumstances, but just wanted to ask the question because it surprised me to hear such a thing.

Thanks!

WDWdriver
07-06-2016, 07:50 AM
I've never seen that happen, and I don't think it's likely.
However, I have seen the opposite where the standby line is stopped and the attraction is FP only for awhile. This is most likely to happen when an attraction re-opens after a downtime. FP holders will be admitted until the FP line returns to normal, while the standby side is held.

VWL Mom
07-06-2016, 09:25 AM
I did read that they did stop honoring FP for Frozen on opening day because of all the breakdowns. With the size of the crowds already and adding those coming back with unused FP made it unworkable. Other than that one day I've not heard of anything else.

TheHD
07-06-2016, 03:42 PM
Are we referring to those who already had scheduled pre-existing FP's and they did not allow entry or just that you could no longer schedule new FP's?

SBETigg
07-06-2016, 06:47 PM
I heard that the entire system was down for part of a day, not for crowds but technical difficulties. I can't imagine they would ever shut down FP over high crowds since it helps them with crowd management.

allgiggles
07-09-2016, 06:30 PM
A friend of a friend was recently in WDW and claims that the parks (or at least a couple attractions) were so crowded they stopped honoring the FP. Has anyone ever heard of Disney doing so? I'm just curious if anyone else heard similar stories. I don't know the person or the circumstances, but just wanted to ask the question because it surprised me to hear such a thing.

Thanks!

I've traveled to Disney in June on several occasions and have never heard of this happening. We were there 2 weeks ago and never ran in to this problem. I do know for a fact that Frozen Ever After shut down the standby line on numerous occasions during the week we were there (the ride opened our 1st full day on property) -- it actually happened while we were in the FP return line. We waited 30 minutes with FP and when we first got in line, the standby line was still open. By the time we got off the ride, the standby line had been closed (and was actually already just about empty) and the FP line stretched all the to the area between the African Outpost and Germany. Other than Frozen, I didn't see anything with out-of-the-ordinary long lines the entire week. Maybe your friend's friend heard/saw that the standby line at Frozen was closed (that happened several times during the week) and got mixed up? I've never heard of a FP line being "closed" -- only the standby on rare occasions (like when a long-awaited attraction first opens and then breaks down every few hours). There were certainly several rides each day that didn't have FP available even first thing in the morning because the entire daily allotment had been pre-scheduled. Maybe they interpreted that as the FP line being closed????

deedee73
07-09-2016, 07:25 PM
Short of a ride breaking down I have never heard of them closing a FP line.