PDA

View Full Version : DVC Safari Spectacular Bookings Open 7/6

VWL Mom
07-06-2016, 06:49 AM
Just a reminder that bookings open today

Members and their guests can take a walk on the wild side at the Disney Vacation Club Safari Spectacular at Disney's Animal Kingdom park!

This complimentary event is exclusive to Disney Vacation Club Members and their guests.

Dates:
Tuesday, September 6, 2016
Tuesday, September 13, 2016
Thursday, September 22, 2016
Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Time:
9:30 PM to midnight

Disney's Animal Kingdom park, Walt Disney World Resort, Florida

Important Details:

Membership Card and photo ID are required at check-in.
Offer is non-transferable
Guests under 18 must be accompanied by a participating parent or guardian.
This is an open-air facility; experience is subject to cancellation in the event of inclement weather.
Unfortunately, walk-ins will not be permitted.
We request that Members cancel at least 48 hours in advance. Event may be canceled at the discretion of Disney Vacation Club due to inclement weather and Guests will be notified via resort communication.
Members visiting Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park prior to the special event will need valid theme park admission.

baldburke
07-06-2016, 07:33 AM
Thanks Lynn! Any ideas as to what this will entail? A shortened version of AK's behind the scenes tour? Do you think attractions (at least select) will be open too? We won't be there at this time, but it sounds like a great opportunity for those that will.

Fangorn
07-06-2016, 10:45 AM
Just made reservations for the 27th.

According to the stats on my phone, it took 102 calls over the course of 55 minutes to get something other than a busy signal. Call #102 got me on hold, where I remained for 28 minutes. All this to complete a 2 minute transaction (and most of that was MS verifying my reservation number).

Ah well, at least it's done. All this for cookies! :thumbsup:

Steve

Ed
07-07-2016, 04:11 PM
Just made reservations for the 27th.

According to the stats on my phone, it took 102 calls over the course of 55 minutes to get something other than a busy signal. Call #102 got me on hold, where I remained for 28 minutes. All this to complete a 2 minute transaction (and most of that was MS verifying my reservation number).

Ah well, at least it's done. All this for cookies! :thumbsup:

Steve

I've got you beat, Steve. DW and I both started calling at 9 sharp. I did 121 calls, and DW did another 86 before I finally got through, only to be on hold for another 20~25 minutes until a real live person answered. We're booked for 9/13.

Oh, and the last one we went to in the MK, they had drinks (no alcohol), cookies, and.......................MICKEY BARS !!!:bar::bar::bar::bar::bar:

Fangorn
07-07-2016, 09:53 PM
I've got you beat, Steve. DW and I both started calling at 9 sharp. I did 121 calls, and DW did another 86 before I finally got through, only to be on hold for another 20~25 minutes until a real live person answered.

Ed, it probably would have been more calls, but I didn't get started until 6:15 or so (West Coast) and there was a period of time in there that I was busy driving to work and couldn't really be on my phone too much. :secret:

But I'll grant you the prize for "sticktoitiveness" :thumbsup:

"Come to the Dark Side - we've got cookies!"

Steve

Yungbuck73
07-08-2016, 02:22 AM
WOW, i called about 2pm and got a live person within 3-4 minutes and was done with the call in 7 minutes. We are booked for 9/22. Now to book air, hotel, and rental car. Mybe we will go straight from airport to AK then take bus back to MCO!

TheSorcererofFantasia
07-15-2016, 08:51 PM
I had to work, so I recruited hubby to call. Was a bit nervous as he has never ever called Member Services. He dialed at 8:58 am and got right thru and score us ressies for two different nights.

Hammer
09-06-2016, 12:54 PM
We were originally scheduled to go to WDW 11/2-11/8 but had to change our dates a couple of weeks ago to 9/26-9/30 due to work commitments (we were now at SSR instead of OKW). We just realized that we would be there for 9/27 event. Gave them a call to see if there were any cancellations and of course there aren't. I'll keep trying, especially as it gets closer to the 48 hour cancellation deadline.

If we don't get in, we'll enjoy Epcot EMH and then a drink at the Bellevue Lounge!