PDA

View Full Version : AK Night Time Shows

jans2kids
06-28-2016, 02:35 PM
For those of you who have been to AK recently,

1.) What have the lines been like for the night time safari and the Jungle Book show?

2.) Have the Jungle book shows been full?

3.) Should we get a FP+ for one or both?

4.) If we dont get a FP+ how early before show should we be in line?

5.) Does the safari run until 11:00PM, park closing.

Thank You

jans2kids
07-05-2016, 09:57 PM
Since there have been no replies in a week, does that mean nobody is going to the show s there should be no lines?

Genie1953
07-25-2016, 07:36 AM
I've been waiting for an answer too!

WDWdriver
07-25-2016, 08:12 AM
The park attendance tends to drop significantly after six p.m. The Jungle Book shows (there are two nightly) are well attended, but rarely full. There will always be seats available at the later show, and no FastPass is needed. You still need to arrive 30 or 40 minutes early because where you sit makes a big difference in your enjoyment of the show. Some of the viewing is partially obstructed.

The Kilimanjaro Safari ride is open until closing time at 11:00. Again, lines are shorter late in the evening.

If you have to make a FastPass choice, I would get a FP for Safaris, and not for Jungle Book.

The projected images show at the Tree of Life is nicely done. Don't miss it. There are several different themes, and the show is presented every 15 minutes or so throughout the night.

As always, the park is beautiful after dark. The lighting of the Tree and Everest is awesome. My ride (Kali River Rapids) is terrific in the dark.

natstroop
07-26-2016, 11:04 PM
Just curious...all the calendars and schedules I've seen for AK show closing times of 6pm-8pm. Where can I find info of the later closing hour of 11pm? Will that be through August as well? Thanks!