PDA

View Full Version : Laundry at GFV and Poly Villas

chefmickey3
06-27-2016, 08:50 AM
We are staying in studios for the first time next month. I am used to doing a lot of laundry and packing light when we stay in 1 bedroom. Can anyone describe the laundry facilities available at the Grand Floridian Villas and Poly Villas? How easy to use? How many washers and dryers? Do many people use them? Any other tips?

Thanks!

Fangorn
06-27-2016, 09:38 AM
I've not stayed at the GFV, so can't help you there, but at the Poly, the laundry facilities are on the first floor of Moorea, right off the main entrance lobby. There are 4 washers and 4 dryers if I remember right. There's a nice little sitting area as well, if you're waiting. My experience in December was I had the place to myself. There is an app you can download to your phone that shows the usage of the machines in real time, so you can check before you go if there's a machine available. There is a vending machine with detergent and softener. Your Magic Band will give you access to the room and the machines are free. We were staying in Tokelau but even so, it was pretty convenient.

Steve

Mackflava99
06-28-2016, 12:27 PM
But if you are in the Villas, I am pretty sure there will be a washer/dryer in your room.
At the Beach club or Wilderness lodge Villas they always have them in the room

lindique
06-28-2016, 06:18 PM
If you are in a 1 bedroom, you'll get an washer/dryer in the unit. Only the people in studios need to use the laundry room.

chefmickey3
06-29-2016, 07:23 AM
We are staying in a studio. The new ones that sleep 5 are now an option for our family of 5. It allows us to save some points for next year. I love that there is an app for the laundry facilities! We are excited to try these resorts new to us!