PDA

View Full Version : Silly Question about Beach Club Marketplace

DisneyDude1977
06-24-2016, 04:44 PM
Hello! We are staying at the beach club next summer and are wondering all of your thoughts about the Beach Club Marketplace with respect to food choices and seating options. Thanks for any info you can pass on!

BrerGnat
06-24-2016, 06:06 PM
Eh, it's okay. They did add mickey waffles at breakfast, which is a HUGE improvement.

The sandwiches are actually very good, and the grab n go area is adequate. Good pastries, stuff like fruit cups, yogurt, Uncrustables for the kids, etc.

Hurricane Hannah's is our "go to" CS spot at Beach Club. They have really good food there. When we feel like a nice breakfast, we head to Captain's Grill at Yacht Club for their excellent buffet breakfast (never crowded and reasonably priced due to no characters).

Also, Crew's Cup Lounge serves some really great food items at lunch, so that is also another good option.

DisneyDude1977
06-24-2016, 06:27 PM
Thanks for the awesome info!!!

Is there any seating at the Beach Club Marketplace?

AgentC
06-24-2016, 08:36 PM
There is not any seating inside the store. The marketplace is weird in that it is inside the store. If you go outside the store there is seating in the hall and outside the building overlooking the grounds.

Simba's Mom
06-24-2016, 09:45 PM
And besides the few tables in the hall and outside, some people have taken their food (at least at dinnertime) to the Solarium. Come to think of it, though, last time we stayed there was in January, before they started serving Tea in the Solarium, so I don't know how accessible it is now.

lawgirl
06-25-2016, 11:21 AM
So glad to hear they added Mickey waffles. We stayed at YC in October, and my daughter had a meltdown over no Mickey waffles...I found the food choices to be very limited and the design of the store is weird- I felt like it was somewhat crowded and chaotic especially for breakfast. We enjoyed the food at the pool bar and used room service more.

DANAM
06-25-2016, 01:06 PM
I know this doesnt really answer your question. The only thing we had at the market place was a kids flat bread. The pizza at the walk up window at the Boardwalk was alot better. But If you stay at the Beach Club you have to eat at Beaches and Creme at least once. Book a table the experience is awesome. Theres also a walk up window to order ice cream.

Mackflava99
06-27-2016, 05:01 PM
Its funny, but we don't like Hurricane Hannah's at all, have had multiple bad experiences there.
As for the Marketplace ,the food is fine, not a big selection but most everything was good. The service is a little slow , not because of the CMs but its just not made for a high volume of people.
When we are at beach club, ( which we have been to alot) we either eat in our room or we go to Flying fish ( very good breakfast ) or the Dolphin which has a great luncheonette that serves breakfast ( Pikabu i think i spelled it correctly) very unknown but very good

Mackflava99
06-27-2016, 05:03 PM
they normally dont like people eating in the solarium, its for people to read and relax. But you are right, i do see folks eating there.

ThanxForNoticin
06-28-2016, 12:28 PM
It's been a couple years since we've eaten at Marketplace, but I seem to remember them having 2 or 3 small tables with chairs inside the store. Along with a couple tables just outside, there is usually a place to sit and eat if you wish to eat there.

DisneyFan1979
06-29-2016, 12:43 PM
One thing I like about BC Marketplace is that they make the sandwiches right in front of you so you can make any changes you like, such as swapping out different bread, different toppings, etc, with no problems. One thing to remember: if you order a sandwich there make sure to ask for it heated as that makes them much yummier!

For vegans and those with gluten allergies, this is the one spot in the Epcot resort area that always has donuts from Erin McKenna's bakery in Disney Springs.

For seating, just outside the marketplace in the hall are about 3-4 tables. Then just across the hall are doors to the outside eating area, which is covered and shady.

Hammer
06-29-2016, 01:19 PM
Eh, it's okay. They did add mickey waffles at breakfast, which is a HUGE improvement.

The sandwiches are actually very good, and the grab n go area is adequate. Good pastries, stuff like fruit cups, yogurt, Uncrustables for the kids, etc.

Hurricane Hannah's is our "go to" CS spot at Beach Club. They have really good food there. When we feel like a nice breakfast, we head to Captain's Grill at Yacht Club for their excellent buffet breakfast (never crowded and reasonably priced due to no characters).

Also, Crew's Cup Lounge serves some really great food items at lunch, so that is also another good option.

Pretty much agree with Natalie's assessment, but wanted to add that Crew's Cup lounge also serves some good items at dinner as well. I just stayed at the Yacht Club this past weekend and had dinner in the Crew's Cup lounge on Friday night. I had Cabernet braised short rib with sweet corn risotto and it was quite good! Had lunch at Hurricane Hanna's on Saturday while I lounged at Stormalong Bay. The shrimp, scallop and lobster roll was very good. It is made with citrus mayo, so it does taste different than one you would get in New England. I ended my trip with breakfast buffet at Captain's Grill and it was delicious as usual (I've eaten there numerous times).