PDA

View Full Version : Refillable Popcorn for Summer

VWL Mom
06-24-2016, 09:40 AM
Just saw this on FB (posted by Touring Plans)

Between June 26 and September 1 Disney will be offering a souvenir popcorn bucket that may be refilled. The bucket can be purchased for an initial cost of $10 and refills will cost $1.50 each after.

Guests can purchase the bucket at select cart locations and the refillable popcorn can be purchased at the four theme parks, two water parks, Disney Springs, and ESPN Wide World of Sports wherever you see a popcorn cart.

If this is length of stay it's quite the deal, if it's one day only then not so much.

brad192
06-24-2016, 09:50 AM
Considering how little it costs to make popcorn, I'm surprised this isn't a full-time thing. At an initial purchase price of $10, they've already covered the costs and then some, not to mention that, at $1.50 a refill, they're making about $1.45 profit off of every one. The bucket should have a lid though. Less spillage, and that Florida humidity will sog that corn in no time.

BrerGnat
06-24-2016, 10:38 AM
Just saw this on FB (posted by Touring Plans)

If this is length of stay it's quite the deal, if it's one day only then not so much.

Just for one day.

Tink1
06-24-2016, 11:13 AM
That is a shame. Universal has had it forever. Bring back a 5 year old bucket and refills are about $1.50

Not that I ever bring one back, I hate hauling it around the parks LOL

N

i'm grumpy
06-24-2016, 11:31 AM
Me too. And how sanitary is this?

PlutoToo
06-24-2016, 02:43 PM
Sea World does this. You show your bucket and the popcorn in the bags is at a reduced price. I think it was $1.25 last time I was there. I think it's a good thing.