PDA

View Full Version : And the next DVC location is...

DizneyRox
06-23-2016, 08:09 PM
Caribbean Beach Resort...

Disney is rumored to be finalizing plans for its next expansion to the widely popular DVC program...

Stay tuned...

baldburke
06-23-2016, 09:15 PM
I'll believe it when I see it. I believe the current lowest per night stay at WDW from the points chart is 9 per night for AKV studio value accommodation. So a week is 63 points. So from a deluxe to mod I would imagine they would have to drop the rate to at least a third or up to half? So let's say the lowest at CBR was 5 or 6 points per night or 35 to 42 points for a week. I believe the current minimum buy-in for new members is at least 150 points. Certainly the "premier" CBR offering would be higher, but doesn't Disney want you to buy more? Sure it might be great for someone looking to maximize their points or maybe someone who's low on points as an alternative.

Maybe Disney would look at it as a starter program? I would bet there's more people that own multiple sets of points than don't. Either way, I know I'd prefer to see DVC keeping their standards up. I'm sure there will be those that say just like WDW itself, DVC isn't quite what it used to be. It would be great to see new new stand alone DVC resort tucked between Bay Lake and World Drive with it's own walk-able entrance to MK.

VWL Mom
06-24-2016, 07:08 AM
Wonder what happened to the idea that the next conversion would be Yacht Club? IMO it would generate a lot more interest from buyers than CBR due to location and SAB.

If the current rumors are true, the idea of CBR is not converting but building on a nearby plot. If freestanding and deluxe amenities are added this could work. I don't see them going through the expense to add low point accommodations but who knows.

DizneyRox
06-24-2016, 01:40 PM
They would need to keep the deluxe amenities separate from the moderate ones in order to support a higher point cost IMHO. Bussing word be the biggest problem, but if they just stop at the DVC first, then it might be solved.

Never really cared for the Yacht Club, although that is really the last unmolested deluxe property, eh? Maybe there just isn't enough room between it and the Swan/Dolphin.

BrerGnat
06-24-2016, 03:02 PM
Enough already. They need to just stop.

Mackflava99
06-24-2016, 04:39 PM
I heard a rumor from a friend who works at WDW that they are thinking about adding a DVC near AoA which makes as much sense as CBR. Interesting thought though..

Fangorn
06-24-2016, 05:52 PM
I heard a rumor from a friend who works at WDW that they are thinking about adding a DVC near AoA which makes as much sense as CBR. Interesting thought though..

This would be the same location. The proposed site actually sits between CBR and AoA/Pop.

Steve

DizneyFreak2002
06-25-2016, 06:41 PM
Caribbean Beach Resort...

Disney is rumored to be finalizing plans for its next expansion to the widely popular DVC program...

Stay tuned...

:thumbsup:

Simba's Mom
06-26-2016, 02:22 PM
Enough already. They need to just stop.

I agree with that. But they just can't stop milking that cash cow.

joonyer
06-26-2016, 06:36 PM
"If you build it, they will come." :secret:

Pooh Fan
07-12-2016, 12:44 PM
Will be interesting to see how this evolves!

baldburke
07-12-2016, 03:22 PM
I'd say they're due since The Poly wasn't a true add (more retro-fit vs. new construction). With the GF in 2013 it seems probable that there could be at least a five year gap between any real construction.

VWL Mom
08-18-2016, 10:33 AM
RUMOR
Never saw this one coming but this mornings rumor is that they will be expanding the YC convention center and then razing the CR convention center making way for a new DVC building. I actually would have it expected to go the other way, expand the CR convention center and build at YC. Once the new Copper Canyon rooms are open there will be a lot more units available in the MK area while EP/DHS units will still be lacking.

baldburke
08-18-2016, 12:10 PM
RUMOR
Never saw this one coming but this mornings rumor is that they will be expanding the YC convention center and then razing the CR convention center making way for a new DVC building. I actually would have it expected to go the other way, expand the CR convention center and build at YC. Once the new Copper Canyon rooms are open there will be a lot more units available in the MK area while EP/DHS units will still be lacking.

That's interesting. I wonder if it would include a demo of the other CR wing to accommodate a new building? We love the Poly...but we really like BLT too so more is a good thing!

Aurora
08-25-2016, 09:29 PM
I really hope that if they start adding moderates to the mix that there will be some sort of separation of memberships. If the only rooms we can get at 7 months out start to be moderate resorts, that will be the time when we sell.

DVC Mike
08-28-2016, 05:43 PM
The planned DVC next to the CBR will not feature moderate level amenities.

Aurora
09-07-2016, 05:53 PM
Perhaps true as far as DVC amenities, but no park/shopping nearby. (I consider Disney Springs to be enough of a draw to stay at SSR and OKW.)

Fangorn
09-07-2016, 09:13 PM
Perhaps true as far as DVC amenities, but no park/shopping nearby. (I consider Disney Springs to be enough of a draw to stay at SSR and OKW.)

I don't think we know enough yet to make that statement. Multiple rumors, speculation and past statements from Disney would seem to leave wide open the possibility that as they completely re-work the DHS parking entrance, they could enhance/expand the canal system to create private boat entrance from that new DVC property. If they take the Trinidad South section of CBR and include it in with the new DVC resort, they would have a great piece of property in a great location with some infrastructure already in place. Could easily create a deluxe resort with say a small marketplace area and have direct access to DHS. Remember, CBR was originally planned to have direct boat access to Epcot Center.

Just my thoughts.

Steve