PDA

View Full Version : Night Hours for AK 6th Sept. onwards.

Blueste
06-21-2016, 11:02 AM
Hi

We will be visiting WDW in September. Currently the WDW calendar shows hours for AK are up until 11pm through to the 5th Sept., after this date they drop back down to closing at 5pm with no showings of Jungle Book alive with music.

Does anyone know why this is or if and when extended hours will be announced?

mechanic
06-21-2016, 09:48 PM
I guess it will depend on how fast they can fix rivers of light?

Blueste
06-22-2016, 06:52 AM
I guess it will depend on how fast they can fix rivers of light?

Possibly, but I would have thought if rivers of light isn't ready they would just continue with jungle book. Either way there would be a n night show?

ransam
06-22-2016, 03:39 PM
Good question. I am very much looking forward to see AK after dark, but i checked earlier and i was also disappointed they closed at 5pm.

Figment!
06-22-2016, 08:32 PM
Also visiting in September and checking for updated hours.

It's possible the extended hours and night time show will only be for the Summer (it was announced as part of the Summer Awakens promotion), however; Rivers of Light was also announced for a new "Fall" debut.

"Fall" could mean closer to Thanksgiving when crowds will peak again or they could be waiting to make sure they don't give another false start.

It appears we are currently in a wait and see mode .....

Blueste
06-23-2016, 02:27 PM
Disney have now announced an "extension" of hours for Sept and October until 7/8pm, there is no mention of a night show! Why bother to increase the hours by 2 or 3 hours with no show is beyond me, but it looks like those of us visiting then are out of luck as far as seeing jungle book/rivers of love got.