PDA

View Full Version : Plans to resort hop

IloveJack
06-20-2016, 06:04 PM
On our trip in December, we are going to resort hop one day to try to see the Christmas decorations. We will be staying at the Fort wilderness Campground. Breakfast is at Cape May Café. I'm planning lunch at Roaring Forks and dinner at Trails End to go. What would be the best plan to see all the Epcot/MK resorts, plus AKL? Are there any others we should try to visit? We have no other plans for the day, so time isn't really a factor, but I'd rather not spend the entire day on a bus.
Also, my mother is handicapped, so we'll be traveling with a scooter.

Itchy
06-20-2016, 06:14 PM
We did this a few years ago. We started with those on the monorail loop and just used the monorail.

When it came to the others we used the bus system or the boat from Disney Springs to get to the Port Orleans resorts and the others on the water way. You might want to break it up into a couple of days if you can just to make sure you get to see everything in the resorts.

To get to Wilderness lodge and the monorail you can take the boat to each of those.

Have fun as we did...:mickey:

dsmichelle29
07-03-2016, 09:21 AM
We've done this before and it's a fun day. Since you're starting at the EPCOT resorts I would just walk that loop. To get to Wilderness Lodge for lunch I would use the walking trail to DHS and catch a bus. From Wilderness Lodge you can boat to the MK and hop the monorail for the monorail reports. Once you get to the first monorail resort you can walk between resorts if you don't want to have to keep getting on and off the monorail all the time. It's a nice walk. AK is the wildcard because it's not close to anything else you are doing. Depending on time, you may be able to squeeze that in before lunch by busing from DHS to AKL and busing back to MK. Or you could save it for last either before or after dinner.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

DizneyRox
07-05-2016, 12:47 PM
As mentioned the AKL stop is the problem child. It's so far out of the way, your best bet is to do it in conjuction with a park visit. It's a time sink too as you're looking at about an hour or two round trip from anywhere other than AK proper.