PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Orlando events will affect Disney World?

Cinderelley
06-20-2016, 03:57 AM
Do you think the recent events in Orlando will affect Disney World attendance? If it does, do you anticipate that they will cancel the things they have announced or delay them?

faline
06-20-2016, 08:12 AM
While a few folks might cancel, most folks book their vacations so far ahead of time - particularly if they are going to Disney - I would be surprised to see any significant impact on attendance.

1DisneyNut
06-20-2016, 08:27 AM
I don't intend for this to sound discriminatory, mean or anything of that nature but to just be down right blunt, most of us do not visit gay bars nor take a dip in fresh water at night while in Orlando. So what I am saying is, the recent events have absolutely no impact or consideration on our vacation plans to the Orlando area. I doubt there will be any noticeable decline directly related to those events.

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-20-2016, 09:59 AM
There will be some who rethink plans, but I agree with Faline. The vast majority of people have already booked their Disney trip for the next few months, and I doubt it will make a big difference.

I hope it won't anyways ... anything could happen anywhere - enjoy life!

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-20-2016, 10:14 AM
I don't think it will affect attendance. It may change a few things for Disney like additional safety measures but I doubt it will keep anyone from going. I know it won't keep me away.

DizneyRox
06-20-2016, 11:19 AM
Until the media announced Disney was possibly scouted as a target, I would have said no. But I'm sure there's been a number of people cancelling. The sheer numbers of people that are there now though, you won't even notice.

Itchy
06-20-2016, 12:34 PM
Being a retired police officer and watching the events of recent time I have to agree with the previous posters.

Disney will and have increased their security at the parks and resorts and this is normal. The most important thing to remember is be aware of your surroundings, whether at the parks or at home. Go and have a great time just as you have planned.

I have a little more that 70 days until I will be at WDW and am not worried at all.