PDA

View Full Version : Pete's Dragon (Super Skeptical)

JanetMegan
06-14-2016, 04:06 PM
This one is going to be a toughie for me to swallow folks. I was SUCH a fan of the old one as a child (and still am) and I just can't wrap my head around the new version's trailers. It just looks so...different.

faline
06-14-2016, 06:21 PM
I really liked the original one as well. I don't know if I will like this remake but will try to keep on open mind.

deedee73
06-14-2016, 08:28 PM
This one is going to be a toughie for me to swallow folks. I was SUCH a fan of the old one as a child (and still am) and I just can't wrap my head around the new version's trailers. It just looks so...different.
I totally agree with you - I try to keep an open mind with remakes & sequels but usually they fall far from the original for me. I definitely don't see me running to the theatre to see this one...the best I can hope for would be DVD. And as much as love the original & watch it often I am not sure this one will ever work for me.

Lacy
06-18-2016, 10:22 AM
I actually am super excited for this and think it looks incredible! I loved the original as a kid but recently went back to watch it with my son and found that it didn't work very well for the kid's today that are used to so much more action.

So I'm happy that the story about believing in something as awesome as living with a dragon is being done and shared with this generation.

It does pain me to admit that the original didn't hold up for my son...

pompsqualid
09-29-2016, 02:03 PM
I haven't seen it yet. but as always, the original is always the best