PDA

View Full Version : Gratuities

IMADisneyFreak
06-03-2016, 01:13 PM
I am in the beginning stages of planning a trip back to Disney next year and have a question about the dining plan. I have been filtering through some of the posts and I have been able to piece together the fact that gratuities are no longer included in the dining plan? Our last trip to Disney was back in '13 and it was the first trip where we used the dining plan and I recall that the tips were part of the meals. If it is no longer included then I will need to make sure I carry enough money for a tip!

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-03-2016, 01:15 PM
Actually tips haven't been included in the regular dining plan since 2005-2006, I know it wasn't included when we went in 2008. The only exception being dinner shows.

IMADisneyFreak
06-03-2016, 01:22 PM
Hmmmmm, I don't recall leaving tips after our TS meals but maybe I did. Well...I sure hope I did! :confused:

Basket Mommy
06-03-2016, 01:45 PM
Parties of 6 or more have automatic gratuities added to the bills. We're a family of 6, so it's always on the bill when we get it. We just charge the tip to the room when we use the dining plan.

baldburke
06-03-2016, 01:49 PM
Actually tips haven't been included in the regular dining plan since 2005-2006, I know it wasn't included when we went in 2008. The only exception being dinner shows.

That's about when we stopped using the dining plan too. Unless you plan to eat the top item at every seating then I just can't justify the price. With two picky eaters we are better off without the plan.

TheHD
06-03-2016, 03:07 PM
From Disney's Website:

• Gratuities are not included except at Dinner Shows, Private In-Room Dining and Cinderella’s Royal Table.

• An additional form of payment is needed if you add a gratuity and have not provided a credit card at check-in to charge incidentals and other expenses to your room.

• An 18% gratuity will automatically be added to your bill for parties of six or more.

• An automatic gratuity charge may also be added to your bill for certain items you order that are not included in the Disney Dining Plan (e.g. alcoholic beverages).

wilcat
06-03-2016, 03:18 PM
When we were there in September we had to leave tips everywhere we ate with the exception of Via Napoli. Our wonderful waitress told us her boss did not allow them to accept them. Not sure if this is still the case or not.

VWL Mom
06-03-2016, 04:01 PM
When we were there in September we had to leave tips everywhere we ate with the exception of Via Napoli. Our wonderful waitress told us her boss did not allow them to accept them. Not sure if this is still the case or not.

That's rather odd, they had no problem accepting a tip when we were there. They even list suggested amounts.

IMADisneyFreak
06-06-2016, 09:00 PM
From Disney's Website:

• Gratuities are not included except at Dinner Shows, Private In-Room Dining and Cinderella’s Royal Table.

• An additional form of payment is needed if you add a gratuity and have not provided a credit card at check-in to charge incidentals and other expenses to your room.

• An 18% gratuity will automatically be added to your bill for parties of six or more.

• An automatic gratuity charge may also be added to your bill for certain items you order that are not included in the Disney Dining Plan (e.g. alcoholic beverages).

Thanks for the info. I guess I am recalling the fact that we did go to the Hoop Dee Doo and did not have to add a tip (dinner show) and because of that I got it stuck in my head that tips are included in the dining plan. :)

SBETigg
06-06-2016, 09:38 PM
You don't have to carry cash for tips. You can charge it to your room via magic band, or use a credit card for additional charges like tips. Unless of course you prefer cash.

Speedy1998
06-07-2016, 12:51 PM
That's about when we stopped using the dining plan too. Unless you plan to eat the top item at every seating then I just can't justify the price. With two picky eaters we are better off without the plan.

That was one of the reasons we stopped using the dining plan. The other was we always felt like all we were doing was eating. When we realized that we were eating to use our credits, and not because we were hungry we stopped getting the plan.

#1donaldfan
06-08-2016, 12:16 PM
That's rather odd, they had no problem accepting a tip when we were there. They even list suggested amounts.

Yea, us too !! I have always left a tip at Via Napoli and we go there at least twice a year ...

Mackflava99
06-16-2016, 04:29 PM
You have to tip, and they usually give you options for 15%, 18% and 20%