PDA

View Full Version : Dining plan

kevinrodrigue1
06-02-2016, 04:34 PM
The family and I have been going to Disney for about 10 years now and some of those years twice. We have been using the dining plan for so long that I've forgotten what it's like to buy at the restaurant. Mostly in part because we usually go during free dining. We are going again this December and have free dining again. While it saves money it seems that the last time few times we went some of the menus were becoming more limited to what we are allowed to choose. Do anyone else notice this and is there any way around the limited menu at some table service meals?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Itchy
06-02-2016, 08:34 PM
Welcome to Intercot first of all...

We use the dining plan when we can get it. The only thing we cannot get with the basic plan is an appetizer included with the meal free. If I want an appetizer I will just pay out of pocket. As for the entre we have never been limited to price, if its on there it fair game.

I miss when you would get the appetizer, entre, desert, and having the gratuity included. Oh! well.

Hope this helps....:mickey:

#1donaldfan
06-03-2016, 11:47 AM
As far as I know there is only one menu per place to eat, there are not DDP specific menus or OOP menus ....

kevinrodrigue1
06-03-2016, 12:02 PM
As far as I know there is only one menu per place to eat, there are not DDP specific menus or OOP menus ....

For sure at Nine Dragons and at San Angel Inn. And typically at a few other places in Epcot for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NewDVCowner
06-03-2016, 01:02 PM
I went to Restaurant Marrakesh in January and while they had one menu if you wanted some of the items and were on the dining plan you needed pay an additional amount. That was pretty offputting.