PDA

View Full Version : Need two more points!

O'MalleytheAlleyCat
06-02-2016, 10:02 AM
My daughter is planning a relatively last-minute trip to visit Mickey in August after she's finished her summer semester. The number of nights and resort she wants to book are currently available for a total of 152 points. I have a February use-year contract that has zero points for 2016 and 150 points for 2017. I know I can borrow in points if needed, but I really need 152 points. Can I use the option for buying one-time use points at $15 per point? I'm thinking I can't do that because I'd have to buy them into the 2017 use year and then those points couldn't be borrowed. I can't get all 150 points borrowed in to the 2016 use-year since it's not exactly the amount I need. At this point I can only borrow in the number of points needed for one night less than what she wants to book. Does that make sense to anyone? Does anyone have a good solution for my problem? I tried to call Member Services to ask (and I still might) but of course, we're 7 months out from the time around New Year's and the time waiting on hold is very long right now. I thought all the experience folks on this board might be able to help me out. Thanks!!

Fangorn
06-02-2016, 11:49 AM
Call. You should be able to buy the 2 extra points without a problem. They may charge them against your 2017 UY one-time point total, or your 2016 UY (you can buy up to 24 points each UY). I'm not sure how they do that part, but either way, you should be able to purchase those 2 points.

Steve

VWL Mom
06-02-2016, 04:01 PM
I agree, since she's traveling in 2016 you should be able to borrow the 150 and buy the extra 2.