PDA

View Full Version : Annual Pass Price

roma1625
05-24-2016, 05:11 PM
Just doing a sanity check on Annual Pass price vs, for example, a 10 day pass. So an annual hopper pass is around $800 including tax and a 10 day pass is around $500? Is that correct? I always thought that they were much closer in price and the fact that you get free parking with the Annual Pass would more or less pay for itself. I was shocked when I looked it up this morning and there was such a large difference. Am I looking at the right thing?

Thanks!

faline
05-24-2016, 07:05 PM
The cost of Disney tickets has been going through some major renovations lately. The cost of tickets now depends on when you are visiting with some dates being higher than others. Annual passes did have a makeover as well along as a price increase. The annual passes do now include Photo Pass within the cost of the pass. When choosing your pass options, always determine how much it will cost per "park day" and make your decisions based on that.

DizneyRox
05-25-2016, 11:26 AM
10 days of parking is like $200..

cuteduck223
05-25-2016, 08:55 PM
the AP is also a hopper. i think that the "break even" point has to look at several things. are you going for 10 consecutive days or 2 trips at 5 days each (then you get quite a bit closer to a break even)

roma1625
05-27-2016, 05:40 PM
The $500 10-day ticket is also for a hopper. Anyway, I was really trying to justify getting an AP based purely on admission + parking, but it looks like I'm about $100 short.

VWL Mom
05-27-2016, 06:03 PM
The thing with an AP is that if you travel every year your can arrange your dates and get two trips out of it which is what many do.

SurferStitch
05-31-2016, 09:57 AM
The thing with an AP is that if you travel every year your can arrange your dates and get two trips out of it which is what many do.

Correct... this is how we look at it. We get two 11-12 day trips (total of 22-24 days) out of an AP... sometimes a little more. Plus, we get great room deals (usually 25-35% off depending on time of year/resort), we can purchase TiW and save a TON on money since we love signature dining and having drinks with dinner, we get our 10% discount on merch, free parking.... It all adds up to some pretty big savings for us.

I have crunched a huge Excel spreadsheet to compare total trip costs from year to year, and the AP is always the way to go for us.

MrPeetrie
06-07-2016, 06:23 AM

We used to employ this very strategy. Back then, APs were more affordable and AP-room discounts were so significant, that the second trip almost felt like the tickets were free. I remember one year where we saved nearly $500 on our room at the Wilderness Lodge with our AP discount.

Lately, however, AP prices have skyrocketed and the room discounts aren't really as great as I remember. That has played one of the largest roles in trimming our visits down to farther and fewer in between. It was always so much easier to plan that second trip when you had the tickets paid for and were just waiting for the AP discounts to be announced to decide where we wanted to stay. Now, each trip is like starting from scratch and so we go less often. That, plus it's been too crowded to enjoy. (Maybe that's part of Disney's strategy for raising prices -- thin out the crowd.)