PDA

View Full Version : DVC Member lounge to open June 6.

Fangorn
05-21-2016, 02:57 PM
Saw this on the member site:

Up next is the highly anticipated Member Lounge at Epcot, scheduled to open on June 6 and welcome Members and their guests home daily throughout this anniversary year!

Hidden on the second floor of the Imagination pavilion at Epcot (with a Member entrance through the pavilion’s merchandise shop), this centrally located lounge surrounds its casual seating areas with complimentary beverages (including Coca-Cola Freestyle machines), device-charging stations, Wi-Fi, computer stations with printers and mounted tablets pre-set to easily access select Disney websites, including MyDisneyExperience.com.*

Steve

Fusillejerry
05-22-2016, 12:41 PM
I won't have access, but I'm curious to hear about the status of the rainbow tunnel.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

TheHD
05-22-2016, 01:24 PM
Now this, is what I'm excited for. An escape from the sun and into the AC.

Melanie
05-22-2016, 03:14 PM
Oh! It's only for the anniversary year? Why am I not surprised? I just assumed it was permanent. Should have known better.

Fangorn
05-22-2016, 05:18 PM
Oh! It's only for the anniversary year? Why am I not surprised? I just assumed it was permanent. Should have known better.

Yeah, I noticed that wording as well. And the year is half over already.

I was actually up on the second floor of Imagination in October of 2014 and the main space was completely bare. Our guide did say the Rainbow tunnel and most of the rest of the "play" are is still there, but is completely off limits. I suspect that the Lounge will be just that main space - where the picture gallery once was - and the area containing the Rainbow Tunnel will be walled off. Not much point in doing anything else if this is just a temporary thing.

I am planning on scoping it out in September. The space has a very cool view of Epcot, with 2 walls being completely glass. Put in some comfy chairs and refreshments and it'll become a favorite hang out.

Steve

Hammer
05-23-2016, 01:14 PM
Yeah, I noticed that wording as well. And the year is half over already.

I was actually up on the second floor of Imagination in October of 2014 and the main space was completely bare. Our guide did say the Rainbow tunnel and most of the rest of the "play" are is still there, but is completely off limits. I suspect that the Lounge will be just that main space - where the picture gallery once was - and the area containing the Rainbow Tunnel will be walled off. Not much point in doing anything else if this is just a temporary thing.

I am planning on scoping it out in September. The space has a very cool view of Epcot, with 2 walls being completely glass. Put in some comfy chairs and refreshments and it'll become a favorite hang out.

Steve

I think that if this is really popular and DVC management gets a large number of positive responses from DVC members this could be extended. As an example, the Beach Bash last year was really well received and this year they brought it back. It isn't like there is a sponsor of the pavilion who needs that space. If member response is something along the lines of "meh", it will definitely be gone January 1st 2017.

Figment!
06-07-2016, 07:22 PM
The lounge officially opened yesterday, although there were some limited previews last week.

Here's the official announcement:

Disney Vacation Club Members can enjoy a new Member Lounge while visiting Epcot. It’s the latest benefit unveiled as part of the Disney Vacation Club 25th anniversary. Available for Members with paid admission to Epcot, the lounge is open daily from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.

The new lounge is tucked away on the second floor of the Imagination! pavilion (with the Member entrance in the ImageWorks merchandise location on the first floor of the pavilion). Ascend the staircase or take the glass elevator up, and you’ll find yourself inside one of the Imagination! pavilion’s towering glass pyramids. It’s a bright sunshine-filled space that offers commanding views of Epcot.

The lounge is a great place to recharge (yourself and your devices) while visiting the theme park. There’s lots of casual seating, complimentary beverages (including Coca-Cola Freestyle machines), device-charging stations, Wi-Fi, computer stations, a printer and mounted tablets pre-set to help you access myriad Disney websites. There’s even a play area for children where they can test their Disney Infinity skills or watch some of the latest Disney animated shorts.

While kids are playing, mom and dad can consult with Member Services Advisors who are available daily to assist with dining reservations, future resort stays and more. Weekdays an RCI advisor is be available to help Members navigate exchange options for upcoming vacations.

Mackflava99
06-14-2016, 02:48 PM
Do we have to reserve times to visit it?

faline
06-14-2016, 06:24 PM
Looks wonderful!!

I think it operates on a drop-in basis.