PDA

View Full Version : Best Airline

baldburke
05-21-2016, 07:20 AM
This may be a subjective question depended on your location and typical routes, but which do you feel is the best airline?

I don't get to fly JetBlue often because they don't travel to most of my usual routes from Philly. However I so prefer them to the Southwest cattle call. Don't get me wrong, Southwest is consistently competitive on price, but their constant upsells and they way they load the plane turns me off.

JetBlue is far more efficient in loading from the rear forward. However for DW, her preference would be Lufthansa (if only they flew domestically). She says they are by far the best airline.

If only Disney would integrate and add air...

Fangorn
05-21-2016, 11:37 AM
Southwest is by far my most favorite airline. Prices are good, service is above average and above all, they are consistent. I always know what to expect. I understand that some people don't like the "cattle call", but everyone i fly another airline (it doesn't happen much), I experience the same thing - people still bunch up in a great mass (but with less organization than on SW) and it takes even longer to actually get on the plane. Yes, you have a seat assignment, but that actual slows down the process.

Not sure what you're referring to as upsells. The only "extra" is the early bird. Last time i flew AA, I paid extra for baggage, had 4 levels of seating "upgrades" to navigate, had to pay a last minute "transfer" fee because one leg of the trip was on a "partner" airline (also had to pay again for the same bags on the "partner" airline because AA doesn't share that fee with them), the actual flight was uncomfortable, and the only friendly crew were on the "partner" (Alaska). My experiences on United have always been far worse. :ack:

But I do get it that we all have preferences. For me, the consistency and simplicity of SW trumps almost everything else. There pretty much has to be no other option for me not to fly SW.

Steve

faline
05-21-2016, 01:45 PM
We most often fly with JetBlue so I guess that makes them our favorite airline.

BrerGnat
05-21-2016, 01:48 PM
Jet Blue and Southwest are about equal for me, being my two top choices. I prefer the onboard entertainment and food options on Jet Blue. Jet Blue in my area is cheaper than Southwest for the most part.

mgmnut
05-22-2016, 08:18 AM
JetBlue is our favorite, they have very convenient non-stop flights to MCO from Providence too ,so not fighting Boston Traffic just puts me over the top. Can't beat the on-board entertainment

DisneyDINK
05-23-2016, 10:40 AM
I am a big Alaska Airlines fan, but they are really a west coast airline, so not very useful to most of you. I love it that I can book online and get a price adjustment if I find a lower price later. Claiming the credit is a breeze too.

PopPhan
05-23-2016, 10:55 AM
Haven't flown JetBlue for comparison, but, at this point, SouthWest is the airline for me. Non-stops pretty much everywhere I travel in the US and, if I decide I want seated quickly, I pay for the EalryBird, otherwise I log in at the 24 hour mark and take what I can get. As far as the "cattle call" is concerned, you need to be in the area for boarding anyway, so it makes no difference to me.

ThanxForNoticin
05-23-2016, 01:01 PM
I agree totally that Southwest and JetBlue are the top airlines, and I think most customer satisfaction information has both near the top most years.

I don't understand the "upsell" comment about Southwest. SW is the least upselling airline in the business. Your fee includes a seat on the plane, 2 bags. Only the EarlyBird if you want to get on the plane sooner, and that's optional. JetBlue does similar stuff with their "More Room" and "More Speed" sales.

I also don't find Southwest's boarding process to be any less efficient than anyone else's. Most other airlines don't literally fill from the back of the plane anyway - you have first class and then Economy Plus (United) sections toward the front that are filled first anyway. And Southwest's credit policy when you change flights is second-to-none.... SO annoying to have to change a flight and pay $200+ on some of the airlines - that's just not right!

But back to your original question - we almost always start by checking SW and JB when we are flying. Our good experiences with both airlines are outweigh any bad experiences.

LandFan
05-24-2016, 10:30 AM
Southwest (for domestic) by FAR!

DizneyRox
05-30-2016, 12:58 PM
Southwest... If they fly where we're going, that the only place we look. Tired of the changes get that Delta pulls, when we book Southwest, that's when we're going, now three hours earlier or the next day like what happens on Delta.

Arielfan98
05-30-2016, 02:02 PM
Jetblue is what my family prefers. It has a great true blue point system. Everytime you book a flight, you get points to spend on another flight or their getaway. On my last trip to Disney (January 2016), our flight was delayed by 2 hours so they gave every member of the family $75 air credit which we thought was generous. Every flight comes with standard soda, Dunkin Donuts coffee, tea, etc. But the best part is their famous blue Terra chips. Terra chip are expensive, so we enjoy that perk on flight. Also, a TV in front of you is always included in your airfare and the seats offer plenty of leg room. Can't be disappointed in Jet Blue.

dnickels
05-31-2016, 10:17 AM
Southwest when I can for their policy on checked bags, refunds if the price drops and efficiency in loading.

FWIW, Mythbusters and lots of other studies have shown that rear to front loading is the slowest method and Southwest's no assigned seating method of loading is the fastest loading method used among airlines.

baldburke
05-31-2016, 12:44 PM
FWIW, Mythbusters and lots of other studies have shown that rear to front loading is the slowest method and Southwest's no assigned seating method of loading is the fastest loading method used among airlines.

That's shocking! Maybe it's just my OCD!

#1donaldfan
05-31-2016, 05:54 PM
Jet Blue for me !!

DisneyDadfromPittsburgh
06-09-2016, 09:08 AM
SWA all the way - well both ways!

honeybear
06-10-2016, 03:11 PM
Depending on Price. Southwest or Jet Blue. I flew Jet Blue to Disney in March. I am glad I did. The in flight entertainment is so helpful to entertain the kids.

MNDisney Dad
06-18-2016, 07:09 PM
Any that can get me to DW!

brownie
06-20-2016, 07:05 AM
Any that can get me to DW!

For me it would be any that can get me there with a reasonably priced non-stop flight.