PDA

View Full Version : * Adult activities IN the parks

DisneyaHolic
05-18-2016, 11:27 PM
Looking forward to an adult trip in late November, and am trying to create a wonderful experience for my husband. If you were going on an all-adult trip to Disney World, what would you do? :mickey:

Cinderelley
05-19-2016, 03:48 AM
What are some of his interests?

Bellerella
05-19-2016, 05:09 AM
I guess it really depends on what you like to do.

I have only gone on adult trips- one of my favorite things to do is experience a variety of great food. And Disney really has the best I've ever had! Getting in as many meals at World Showcase is especially great because there are so many unique options. We also love spending a night at Disney Springs and catching La Nouba. Other evening shows, such as the luau at the Poly, can be fun too.

What I would love to do, but haven't yet, would be to go on a backstage tour. They have a variety of tours at different lengths and prices. I also think taking in a fireworks dessert party would be fun. It would give you some time to relax and you would have a great spot secured to watch the show!

No matter what you choose to do, I'm sure you'll have a great time!

faline
05-19-2016, 07:28 AM
We've been taking adult trips for years now. Basically, we do all the same things we did when we went with kids but now we do them at our own pace. As noted, you could also do a backstage tour. We've done a few over the years and have always enjoyed them.

merciantinkerbell
05-19-2016, 07:36 AM
I agree with Faline. We do all the things those with children do but slower! Keys to the Kingdom is a very interesting tour, learnt all sorts of things never would have noticed/realised.

magicofdisney
05-19-2016, 10:50 AM
I've always wanted to do a segway tour at Epcot. When I checked the Disney website just now, it looks like they're only offering it at Fort Wilderness now.

ThanxForNoticin
05-19-2016, 12:06 PM
We've done several trips without the kids - and we've enjoyed them a great deal. I agree with others - our trips haven't change significantly without the kids. The pace is "calmer" now. But the biggest difference is the kids aren't there to be embarrassed when WE act like kids at Disney!

mechanic
05-19-2016, 05:35 PM
I love all these comments because that's me too. I actually met elsa & anna last time. First ever character meet. Also, the land, flights of wonder, conservation station, festival of lion king, all the world showcase exhibits, all the magic things that so many consider just fillers are so cool if you take time to pay attention.

Cinderelley
05-21-2016, 02:39 AM
I know you said IN the park, but have you considered the Bob Bondurant course?

dreadpirateemily
06-24-2016, 10:25 AM
We've been on several tours:
Behind the Seeds
Magic of the Steam Trains
A Walk in Walt's Footsteps
Segway tour of California Adventure

I love them all - they give real insight as to the love and care that goes into every inch of these parks. My favorite was the Magic of the Steam Trains tour. I love trains, so there's that. But it was fascinating getting to see the rail yard and learn about the maintenance and scheduling of the trains. A conductor did our tour and was extremely knowledgeable about the history of trains in the park. Took about 3+ hours. Highly recommended.

And to echo back what others have said, we have only ever toured the parks as adults, so it is really nice just to take it slow. We pick a few choice experiences per day and focus on those.

Hope y'all have fun!

NewDVCowner
06-24-2016, 11:33 AM
No sure if I missed someone saying this but for at least part of November the food and wine festival will be going on in Epcot.