PDA

View Full Version : * Non-Park Adult Activities

DisneyaHolic
05-18-2016, 11:06 PM
After several Disney trips with kids, we get to go on an all-adult trip in late November. We are planning to do a few days NOT in the parks - what fun activities can you all suggest for adults outside the parks? :mickey:

deedee73
05-19-2016, 02:01 PM
The first couple to come to mind would be a resort bar crawl or for the non drinkers a dessert crawl. The monorail resorts are great for these. You can also time it to be able to view the Electrical Water Pageant & Wishes from one of the locations. Another fun idea would be to book a Wishes cruise, the Pirate & Pals Cruise or the Ferry dessert voyage. The "Ferrytale Wishes" has alcoholic beverages included while the others only have snacks/desserts & non-alcoholic beverages. The Pirate & Pals Cruise was a great time. We are looking forward to doing this again on our next trip.

A carriage ride at Fort Wilderness or at Port Orleans is another nice relaxing experience. A fun thing would be the Characters in Flight hot air balloon ride at DTD. I have seen coupons available on Groupon for this too.

We loved taking a parasail ride at the Contemporary Resort and renting some watercraft at the resorts. This was so much fun we actually did it twice on one of our trips and once on another.

Lastly, but easiest would be strolling along the Boardwalk/Crescent Lake area. There's lots to see & do there but most of it is not listed such as strolling entertainers (jugglers, mimes, etc). We rented a surrey bike for our group and had a barrel of laughs. Hint - it is harder than it looked but so funny. Just a short walk from the Boardwalk area is miniature golf courses and they are very different. I found the Fantasia Garden one to be quite challenging.

Have a great time.

mechanic
05-19-2016, 05:28 PM
Balloon ride disney springs. Golf, mini or regular.

DisneyaHolic
05-19-2016, 09:43 PM
The first couple to come to mind would be a resort bar crawl or for the non drinkers a dessert crawl. The monorail resorts are great for these. You can also time it to be able to view the Electrical Water Pageant & Wishes from one of the locations. Another fun idea would be to book a Wishes cruise, the Pirate & Pals Cruise or the Ferry dessert voyage. The "Ferrytale Wishes" has alcoholic beverages included while the others only have snacks/desserts & non-alcoholic beverages. The Pirate & Pals Cruise was a great time. We are looking forward to doing this again on our next trip.

Have a great time.

You had so many great ideas! Thank you!!

We have done a Wishes Fireworks Cruise, and loved it. Will have to look into the one with alcohol - that might be fun!

We also loved the Monorail Drink-a-Thon! The last time we went with my brother's family, we took the kids to the kids' club at the Polynesian (They LOVED it, and begged us to take them back), and then the adults started a Monorail pub crawl at Trader Sam's there at the Polynesian. We had so much fun! We even found personalized Monorail Drink-a-Thon passports online, and they were really fun too.

DisneyaHolic
05-19-2016, 09:44 PM
Balloon ride disney springs. Golf, mini or regular.

I have wanted to try that balloon flight - did you find it to be a good value? That has been my big worry...

faline
05-19-2016, 10:08 PM
Victoria and Albert's - an elegant, adult experience!!

deedee73
05-19-2016, 10:12 PM
I think if you remember you are at Disney then the price is pretty comparable. With the Groupon coupon (which seems to run frequently) it is a much better value. I also think if you can go during an off time (avoid right before lunch and just prior to & after dinner it would be better because of less people on the experience at the same time. Therefore you could move around a little more freely. I have seen some beautiful fireworks pics taken from the attraction - I'm sure that would be cool but also probably always a packed exxperience.

deedee73
05-19-2016, 10:17 PM
You had so many great ideas! Thank you!!

We even found personalized Monorail Drink-a-Thon passports online, and they were really fun too.

YOU ARE VERY WELCOME - EVERYONE NEEDS GOOD IDEAS OR SOMEONE TO BOUNCE IDEAS OFF.

Never knew they had passports for that - I will have to look into these for our next trip. If you remember where you got them maybe you could post a link. They would definitely make the experience more memorable.

deedee73
05-21-2016, 10:52 PM
Update - FOUND the passports online. Thanks for the great idea.

Mackflava99
06-14-2016, 03:31 PM
yes its cheap and the view is spectacular

JanetMegan
06-16-2016, 09:04 AM
Where are you staying? There are some nice resort tours offered at places like the Wilderness Lodge (you'll have to check to make sure they are doing it with all the construction going on.)

PlutoToo
06-16-2016, 11:21 AM
What about a Segway tour or Horseback riding at Fort Wilderness? Maybe a fishing tour of Seven Seas Lagoon? Rent a surreyand ride at several places. Listen to the piano player or quartet in the lobby of the Grand Floridian while sipping drinks from the pool bar?

dannygreen
06-17-2016, 08:32 PM
What about a Segway tour or Horseback riding at Fort Wilderness? Maybe a fishing tour of Seven Seas Lagoon? Rent a surreyand ride at several places. Listen to the piano player or quartet in the lobby of the Grand Floridian while sipping drinks from the pool bar?

Horseback riding totally recommended! :thumbsup: Thanks!