PDA

View Full Version : Strategy To Optimize Closing

magicman
05-17-2016, 01:26 PM
Does anyone have a strategy to maximizing the parks' closing times?

Are there any rides that are particularly fun late night?

Another option would be to get in line the last minute the park is open at highly popular rides (Soarin, 7 Dwarves, Toy Story, etc.) Do lines typically dwindle the last hour?

burrsace
05-17-2016, 03:09 PM
I always feel if you can skip the parade and firework show do it. The lines are really cut shorter for the most part, sometimes 15-20min especially at MK since on Saturday they open till Midnight

burrsace
05-17-2016, 03:11 PM
Also my favorite ride at night is probably Thunder mountain , especaillyyyy when you go up the second time for the second drop you can see all of MK and the castle lit up

When I was at MK this past weekend it was the first time I had ever been on splash mountain at night, i always go when the sun is still out so I can dry off, but as me and my girlfriend we're going down the main drop in splash the fireworks were going off

Was pretty cool

mook3y
05-17-2016, 04:01 PM
I am a big fan of the Jungle Cruise, Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain and the rockets at night.

Sylvia
05-17-2016, 08:58 PM
I love the Magic Kingdom at night, and I always take one last ride on the Peoplemover - great views of the castle and lights.

#1donaldfan
05-18-2016, 12:07 PM
Anywhere in the MK at night is great but my all time favorite is the Jungle Cruise at night. Nothing better.

Speedy1998
05-18-2016, 12:24 PM
I love the night. Most attractions have shorter lines, many of the high capacity attractions like Pirates often have little to no wait as it gets later in the evening.

That being said, my favorite attractions to do at night:
Jungle Cruise
Splash Mountain
Big Thunder Mountain
Tower of Terror
(I am assuming Everest will make this list, the first time I am able to go to AK after dark).

While not technically after dark one of my favorite things to do is catch the last ride on the Liberty Belle in the evening. When you are coming back in the park will be lit up, and it makes for a beautiful picture.