PDA

View Full Version : Annual Pass & Memory Maker Question

tinkman
05-14-2016, 08:40 AM
We purchased annual passes through using the DVC discount and will be activating them in October. One of the perks was that Magic Maker is included on this purchase. ( I do have that in writing!) When looking on My Disney Experience, I see the annual passes but not the Memory Maker. How is it verified that the memory maker is part of the purchase?

VWL Mom
05-14-2016, 09:10 AM
My son's pass was activated after the change and the memory maker option appears under photo pass in MDE not under Memory Maker. All our photos just appeared without us doing anything. This happened only after his pass was activated.

They will confirm this for you when you get you AP at guest services.

Basket Mommy
05-14-2016, 05:07 PM
My husband got a Gold Annual Pass for our most recent trip, and like Lynn said, there was nothing to indicate that Memory Maker was active. The pictures just showed up on our MDE app.

Fangorn
05-14-2016, 05:53 PM
Where the confusion comes in is that Memory Maker and the AP PhotoPass perk are actually two separate things. On the surface, the two appear to be the same, but they're really not in Disney's computer systems. Memory Maker still has the 30 day limit on photos and is separate, purchased product; while the AP provides you with access to your photos for a full year and is just a feature of having the annual pass - much like having free parking. Consequently, Memory Maker shows up on MDE because it is a product (like a ticket or a reservation). But the PhotoPass perk doesn't appear on MDE - the photos just magically show up.

One interesting thing that I've experienced. We took our granddaughter to WDW in August and purchased MM as part of that trip. We had APs, but they expired in October - just after the change in AP pricing and the addition of PhotoPass as part of the AP. We, of course downloaded all the pictures, and they did disappear from my PhotoPass account sometime in October. In December, we went back to WDW and purchased DVC Gold Passes. Within minutes of the passes being activated, all of the pictures from the August trip, plus PhotoPass pictures taken back in May (not using Memory Maker) appeared on my PhotoPass account. They are all still accessible. I just verified that. It is a nice perk.

Steve

Basket Mommy
05-14-2016, 11:27 PM
Steve - same here. November pics downloaded using a paid for MM were made available again when hubby activated his gold AP.

HiHoKermitTheFrogHere
05-17-2016, 02:55 PM
Just posting to concur with the first couple of responders -- you don't see it, but it is there. We wondered the exact same when we bought our DVC APs several months before our recent spring break 2016 trip. Sure enough, when you show up at the parks and have your APs activated, the PhotoPass photos show up in your MDE account. It's pretty cool and incredibly convenient. We made sure that all of our family members were "connected" on MDE (i.e., all connected as "Family & Friends"). That way, we could use any of our Magic Bands to scan for PhotoPass and all photos showed up in all of our MDE accounts.