PDA

View Full Version : New Fast Pass system question

momof3+twins
05-13-2016, 03:14 PM
I'm planning my Fast Passes for September. I am looking at the fact that we totally need a fast pass for 7DMT at Mk. But, in September pretty much everything else was a wasted fast pass....like I felt goofy using them...lol. So, my question is: If I book 7DMT for Mk then turn around at 9:30-10am and try to book Test Track or Soaring for the evening, will they be available. I would really like the input of those of you that have experienced the new app for fast pass. Thanks in advance.

PopPhan
05-13-2016, 03:56 PM
I believe you still have to book/use your first 3 FP+ options in the same park. Once these are used/the window passes, you can then schedule a 4th wherever you wish.

momof3+twins
05-13-2016, 04:07 PM
I believe you still have to book/use your first 3 FP+ options in the same park. Once these are used/the window passes, you can then schedule a 4th wherever you wish.
You are no longer required to schedule 3. So, I must have misunderstood....I will do better research....lol.

DisneyGiant
05-13-2016, 08:08 PM
You are correct that you don't HAVE to choose 3 - but it's not clear to me if you can choose other fast passes after that at other parks. Let us know what find out. ��

burrsace
05-16-2016, 11:46 PM
You are correct that you don't HAVE to choose 3 - but it's not clear to me if you can choose other fast passes after that at other parks. Let us know what find out. í*½í¸‰

Yes you can use your fast pass again at other parks after the first 3 , but no longer 3 at a time only 1 at a time

So say you are doing DHS in the morning and MK at evening , you might want to schedule a FP for rocking roller coaster, 7DMt and space mountain for example. You can spread it among the 3 parks. That's the best way because other wise you will use 3 FP on rides at DHS that you don't want to ride as bad as some at MK. It will be real annoying being at MK trying tondo rides 1 FP at a time.

Fangorn
05-17-2016, 12:35 AM
So say you are doing DHS in the morning and MK at evening , you might want to schedule a FP for rocking roller coaster, 7DMt and space mountain for example. You can spread it among the 3 parks.

This is not correct.

While you no longer have to choose 3 FP+ anymore, the ones you do make in advance (meaning not the day of), all have to be in the same park. If you make 1 for Peter Pan and then try to make a second one for Test Track, the system will tell you in no uncertain terms that are not allowed to do that. (The actual message starts off with "Not So Fast!")

After you've used however many FP+ you've made for that day 1, 2 or 3 (or they've expired), you will then be allowed to make an additional FP+ through MDE at the park of your choice. You no longer have to be in the second park to make that FP+, nor do you have to use the kiosks. After using that 4th FP+, you can repeat the process one FP+ at a time.

But the ones you make in advance all have to be in the same park.

Steve

WDWdriver
05-17-2016, 07:55 AM
Steve is correct. Advance FP+ must be in the same park. Additional FP+ (one at a time) can be made at a second park once the first ones have been used or are expired.

joonyer
05-17-2016, 10:41 AM
Which means that all the FP's for really popular attractions (7DMT, Soarin', etc.) will most likely be gone if you haven't made FP's in advance. Having to wait until the day of to make FP's in a second park really decreases the odds of you being able to get one for the most popular attractions.

thejens
05-17-2016, 11:15 PM
I am wondering if the best strategy is to make late afternoon or evening fast passes for the second park of the day, and just arrive at park entrance for the first park of the day and avoid the lines that way?

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-17-2016, 11:34 PM
I am wondering if the best strategy is to make late afternoon or evening fast passes for the second park of the day, and just arrive at park entrance for the first park of the day and avoid the lines that way?

We did this on our trip last summer, and it worked really well. I'm planning the same thing for this year, since I figure the popular FP will be booked in advance.