PDA

View Full Version : Pros/ Cons of Online Check In

AJ Springfield
05-12-2016, 05:36 PM
I apologize if this has been asked a million times- but what are the pros and cons of online check in?? We have never done this before because I am not 100% sure of what it all entails. Thanks for any and all help!!!

brownie
05-13-2016, 04:56 AM
It can speed up check-in. Not really any cons to it as far as I'm concerned.

KODABEAR
05-13-2016, 12:26 PM
:cloud9:We have used on line check-in a couple times. Really like the convenience. Used it last week. Had reserved a standard room at Beach Club. When we got to our room it had a Lake View!! What a pleasant surprise!:knit::old:

Catzle
05-23-2016, 08:32 PM
We just did the online check in for the Grand Floridian. It was great, literally they met us at the front walked us right to our room had us open the door to make sure our bands worked and that was it we were in our room and ready to go. It was perfect!

DisneyDINK
05-24-2016, 11:15 AM
We just did the online check in for the Grand Floridian. It was great, literally they met us at the front walked us right to our room had us open the door to make sure our bands worked and that was it we were in our room and ready to go. It was perfect!

I am going to the GF this September. That sounds cool.

I will say, I have forgotten about online check-in on 2 trips. Both times I wished I had done it. As others have said there really isn't downside.

Always be sure and be specific on your request for room assignment. I always ask for high floor/no 1st floor/ADA room. That is what's most important to me, but a lot of that is pre-determined by the room category you pay for. Remember, upgrades are nice, but uncommon. Don't expect them and you'll probably be happier.

mommy2maddi
05-26-2016, 02:02 PM
There are no cons. It saves you time when you get to the resort and gets you off to having fun more quickly. How can that be bad :)

BrerGnat
05-26-2016, 04:11 PM
It doesn't always work. I am 3 for 3 doing "online check in" and then getting there and there is no packet ready for me. I have never gotten a room ready text ahead of arrival, so I have had to stop at the desk every time, and I end up having to go through the whole process with setting up my credit card, etc.

I am going to try it again this summer. Crossing my fingers that I can AVOID the front desk check in shenanigans entirely this time.

DizneyRox
05-27-2016, 04:31 PM
Me, I actually enjoy the face to face you get with a really for real person in the service industry.

Now, I will say that not everyone should be in the service industry, but to me, check-in is part of the vacation and should be preserved. Maybe all they are doing is pressing a few buttons and making beeping noises, but don't rain on my parade!

Online check-in has never occurred to me...

And I agree, the text messaging never works, I end up checking in myself throughout the day. They never believe me (I've heard a few sighs on the other end when I check), but it doesn't work.