PDA

View Full Version : Complaints while at Disneyland

Cinderelley
05-11-2016, 12:49 PM
I am here for another day and a half. Things have not gone as I would expect a major theme park to run them. Where would I go to file a complaint? I would just leave, but they would keep my money anyway.

BriarRose0708
05-11-2016, 01:26 PM
Have you visited guest services yet? I would start there. I saw on another post the info about the air conditioning. If it's a hotel problem I'd go to the desk about it. If it's park related I'd do Guest Services.

Cinderelley
05-11-2016, 03:27 PM
It is a culmination of several things. That was why I wasn't really sure where to go. We went to breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen. We were sitting there talking about leaving, and one of the employees turned out day around. I will make sure to mention him too.

BrerGnat
05-11-2016, 03:30 PM
What is happening? So sorry things are not going well.

Cinderelley
05-11-2016, 07:16 PM
Well, currently Big Thunder is closed. Splash Mountain is closed. Space Mountain is closed. Pirates of the Caribbean and Blue Bayou are closed. (I knew about Blue Bayou before we came) Winnie the Pooh is closed. Mr Toad's Wild Ride is closed. There is also everything that is closed for the Star Wars construction - the train, the monorail, the boats, Tom Sawyer island, etc.
Yesterday Radiator Sprungs was down. Monsters Inc was down. Grizzly River Rapids was closed.
I am getting even more aggravated listing them. You get the idea. Then the ac being shut off on top of all of that

Cinderelley
05-11-2016, 07:17 PM
I am so aggravated. I don't even know what to say to these people.

BrerGnat
05-11-2016, 07:51 PM
Oh my! That is not typical. Go to Guest Services!

deedee73
05-11-2016, 08:19 PM
A trip to guest services is way over due! And I would follow up with a letter detailing everything wheen u return home. Has the AC been rectified yet?

Basket Mommy
05-11-2016, 10:09 PM
Oh my goodness. That is way too many closures! And I remember the post about the a/c, too. I'd be just as perturbed if I was you! DL is way smaller than WDW, and if that many things were closed in one park at WDW (without me knowing beforehand, as then it would be my choice to go knowing about closures), I'd be hot under the collar!

Genie1953
05-11-2016, 10:29 PM
Well, currently Big Thunder is closed. Splash Mountain is closed. Space Mountain is closed. Pirates of the Caribbean and Blue Bayou are closed. (I knew about Blue Bayou before we came) Winnie the Pooh is closed. Mr Toad's Wild Ride is closed. There is also everything that is closed for the Star Wars construction - the train, the monorail, the boats, Tom Sawyer island, etc.
Yesterday Radiator Sprungs was down. Monsters Inc was down. Grizzly River Rapids was closed.
I am getting even more aggravated listing them. You get the idea. Then the ac being shut off on top of all of that

We went through similar when we were there in April 2014. Was so disappointing! Many rides were closed due to refurbishment for the big anniversary celebration. We managed to keep busy though with what was left. We were fortunate to notice it a few days before we arrived so switched up our plans a bit. Normally the first day we do Downtown Disney and rest up that evening but that first day was also the last day many attractions were open before shutting down for the Refurb so we immediately hit the parks and waited in 60+ minutes lines to ride those rides. Anyway....so very sorry you are having to go through that.

BriarRose0708
05-12-2016, 07:59 AM
That many closures seems very a-typical. From what I can see on the refurb schedule, Hypersoace Mountain, Splash and Big Thunder are not supposed to be closed - perhaps it was an acute problem or it broke down unexpectedly? That happens just as frequently as it does in WDW. Did you notice if it was back up later in the day? Certainly go to Guest Services. For Goofy's Kitchen - if it was poor service from the Cast Member, I would go back to the restaurant and ask to speak with management and let them know the date, time, and name of the server. I hope it gets better from here!

BrerGnat
05-12-2016, 10:27 AM
That many closures seems very a-typical. From what I can see on the refurb schedule, Hypersoace Mountain, Splash and Big Thunder are not supposed to be closed - perhaps it was an acute problem or it broke down unexpectedly? That happens just as frequently as it does in WDW. Did you notice if it was back up later in the day? Certainly go to Guest Services. For Goofy's Kitchen - if it was poor service from the Cast Member, I would go back to the restaurant and ask to speak with management and let them know the date, time, and name of the server. I hope it gets better from here!

They were breakdowns, not scheduled closures. I guess when so much is already closed, that many breakdowns is pretty aggravating. And yes, they all appeared to be broken down simultaneously for at least awhile. I was checking the app periodically after I saw her post.

Cinderelley
05-12-2016, 12:03 PM
Just finished at City Hall. That didn't get me anywhere. She offered to put a note in the computer for some fast passes for a future visit. I didn't find that to be an acceptable offer. I am on a contract out in Virginia. I don't think I am flying from one coast to the other just to visit the "happiest place on earth". I am not very happy at the moment.

baldburke
05-12-2016, 12:26 PM
I would have gone to Disneyland instead. Those knock offs like Dosneyland just can't compete with the original!

(j/k)

I'm sorry to hear that you had a poor experience. Hopefully Disney will make it right, but it's almost a game for some people to see what they can get. I find CMs are now cautiously generous based on so many trying to beat the system. I can't say that I blame them.

BrerGnat
05-12-2016, 05:39 PM
Unfortunately, guest relations kind of has their hands tied when it comes to ride breakdowns. They have had to really buckle down on "making it right" because people were being too pushy and demanding. I do encourage you to write a letter when you get home detailing ALL of your issues. You might get a better response that way.

Cinderelley
05-16-2016, 04:32 AM
Does anyone know which address I would use to send a letter to?

Basket Mommy
05-16-2016, 09:09 AM
Disneyland Resort
P.O. Box 3232
1313 S. Harbor Blvd.
Anaheim, CA 92803-3232

Cinderelley
05-16-2016, 08:47 PM
Thank you very much. :)

Tiggerlovr9000
05-23-2016, 07:46 PM
Unfortunately, guest relations kind of has their hands tied when it comes to ride breakdowns. They have had to really buckle down on "making it right" because people were being too pushy and demanding. I do encourage you to write a letter when you get home detailing ALL of your issues. You might get a better response that way.

Really people are being to pushy and demanding? I love Disney but if that is going to be their customer service motto then forget it. I understand rides go down but sometimes the amount of rides being refurbished at one time is ridiculous. I appreciate that they at least give us a heads up. I understand rides can go down but shouldn't that be minimal because of refurbishments. In general customer service nation wide in all businesses has gone down hill and then the business blames the customers? Way to go Disney. A trip to Disney is not cheap so standards should be higher than Walmart.

Basket Mommy
05-24-2016, 01:20 PM
Really people are being to pushy and demanding? I love Disney but if that is going to be their customer service motto then forget it. I understand rides go down but sometimes the amount of rides being refurbished at one time is ridiculous. I appreciate that they at least give us a heads up. I understand rides can go down but shouldn't that be minimal because of refurbishments. In general customer service nation wide in all businesses has gone down hill and then the business blames the customers? Way to go Disney. A trip to Disney is not cheap so standards should be higher than Walmart.

If you want to avoid refurbishments, don't schedule a trip if you think too many things are down for fixing. Things do break down on occasion. If you choose to go during known refurbishments, though, then that's on you.

Tiggerlovr9000
05-24-2016, 10:28 PM
If you want to avoid refurbishments, don't schedule a trip if you think too many things are down for fixing. Things do break down on occasion. If you choose to go during known refurbishments, though, then that's on you.

I do check the refurbishments before a trip and don't complain about it. My point was that the cms can't do anything about it because others have ruined it for us is a cop out. My point was also that not everyone is aware of the refurbishments because they are not Disney crazy like us. It was couldn't we be a little empathetic and not just assume everyone is out for free stuff. Any day at Disney is they best day ever for me, breakdowns or not.

BrerGnat
05-25-2016, 11:17 AM
I do check the refurbishments before a trip and don't complain about it. My point was that the cms can't do anything about it because others have ruined it for us is a cop out. My point was also that not everyone is aware of the refurbishments because they are not Disney crazy like us. It was couldn't we be a little empathetic and not just assume everyone is out for free stuff. Any day at Disney is they best day ever for me, breakdowns or not.

What I was trying to say is that CMs CAN'T really do anything about it, other than give out Fastpasses. They can't refund your ticket. They can't make the rides magically start working. Their hands are tied. Tickets, maps, etc. all have language about rides possibly being unavailable at times, and every guest agrees to that when they enter the park. In addition, Disneyland posts the rides that are currently down at the bag checks so guests have a heads up.

If something goes REALLY wrong during your visit, Guest Service CMs are empowered, however "there are too many rides down" is not that. But, the OP seemed to imply that her issues were more than that, which is why I suggested she go talk to them.

Writing a letter will get a much better response, usually. The problem is, people who DO get something for complaining LOVE to go online and tell the world about it, which sets up expectations for others. Expectations which, frankly, are unrealistic.

I am very sorry that the OP had such a negative experience at Disneyland. I have visited literally several hundred times and have never had a bad day there. Maybe I'm lucky, I don't know. I hope she gets to at least have someone at Disney acknowledge her frustrations and maybe offer something to mend the bad feelings.

baldburke
05-25-2016, 12:24 PM
I am very sorry that the OP had such a negative experience at Disneyland. I have visited literally several hundred times and have never had a bad day there. Maybe I'm lucky, I don't know. I hope she gets to at least have someone at Disney acknowledge her frustrations and maybe offer something to mend the bad feelings.

Come to think of it...I've never had a bad day at Disney either. Never once have I left the park thinking well that was a waste of $100 (multiplied by the number of party members, plus food and souvenirs). If anything we are probably planning our next trip before we even hit MCO. Maybe we drank the Kool-Aid?

Tiggerlovr9000
05-25-2016, 12:50 PM
Come to think of it...I've never had a bad day at Disney either. Never once have I left the park thinking well that was a waste of $100 (multiplied by the number of party members, plus food and souvenirs). If anything we are probably planning our next trip before we even hit MCO. Maybe we drank the Kool-Aid?

Me either, don't know why I am addicted the way I am. It just makes me happy and the energy I get to walk the park is crazy. Has to be the good endorphins. When try to walk here at home have to push myself. :blush::blush:

Cinderelley
05-28-2016, 01:57 AM

I usually feel this way. Not this trip. Another friend of mine and I had been planning a trip next year for his birthday again. I called him and told him I am not going. He was shocked, but after I explained it to him, he agreed.