PDA

View Full Version : Disney World in February?

Bellerella
05-10-2016, 03:32 PM
I was wondering what you think of Disney World in February? I know that President's week and the Princess Half Marathon bring large crowds, but what about the week before? We're looking at going in February 2017. President's Day falls on the 20th, with the marathon later that week. We're looking at the 12-19. (Specifically hoping to celebrate my birthday at Disney, which is on the 17th.) Any thoughts on crowds for the week before the holiday?

Thanks for any input!

Zippy 1
05-11-2016, 11:05 AM
We were in Disney in February 2012. The crowds were very managable but it was unseasonally warm. We hit the 90's twice while we were there. We had a great trip and would not hesitate to go back during that time period

ThanxForNoticin
05-11-2016, 12:12 PM
That particular week in 2017 will likely be better than recent years, since President's Day is a bit later. In recent years, there has been a convergence of President's Day, Valentine's Day, and Mardi Gras all around that middle weekend in February!

Sounds like a great time for your trip. Hope it works out for your birthday celebration!

burrsace
05-12-2016, 11:10 AM
I always recommend going Super Bowl weekend to Disney.

Weather in February for Orlando typically is in mid 70s and most people are doing things for super bowl weekend so you typically get a smaller crowd

PopPhan
05-12-2016, 01:34 PM
I was there a number of years ago (with my ex, before she was my ex) for Valentine's Day week and the crowd levels were pretty low to manageable. The temps ranged from highs in the mid 50's to highs in the mid 70's, so be prepared for anything on that front (pun intended.)

No matter what, enjoy yourself!!! :mickey:

Bellerella
05-17-2016, 02:04 AM
Thanks for the input everyone! It's great to hear that week should be a good time to visit!

burrsace
06-27-2016, 06:07 PM
My favorite time to go to Disney

MushuGrl
07-03-2016, 11:15 PM
Just a FYI since it's on the subject - I did the Princess Hallf this year and spent the week after at the parks and it was GREAT! The crowds were sparse all week. Even race weekend was not too shabby (unless you standing in line for pasta!)

texas211
07-04-2016, 03:23 PM
I've been there during the marathon, and didn't think it was that bad (I was there for another conference). Good time to go. Weather isn't bad. But really any more, time of year matters less for crowds and more on what events you want (we like the FW festival) or the weather (July/August is like Houston, aka Dante's inferno).

Becca3557
07-09-2016, 04:51 PM
I always recommend going Super Bowl weekend to Disney.

Weather in February for Orlando typically is in mid 70s and most people are doing things for super bowl weekend so you typically get a smaller crowd

I heartily agree! The only variable is weather which can be all over the map. On our visit during the first week of February the days were high 60's, evenings 5-10 degrees cooler. And there are rehabs taking place then, so some attractions -and one of the water parks - will be closed.