PDA

View Full Version : Tips for Going at Christmas with small kids

lawgirl
05-04-2016, 12:12 PM
So this year both kids are in school full time. We have always tried to go at "off-times". We usually go the first or second week in December, but this year I don't want to take them out of school, so we're headed down Dec 17-22 (also for my bday!). I've been right at Christmas, but that was a while ago and I didn't have little kids. I don't remember it being super crazy, but again that was sans kids and probably 10 years ago. We aren't planning on doing the parks much except for the MVMCP, which we love, and also 1 day at the Animal Kingdom.

I've read the closer it gets to Christmas, the crazier it gets. Is that mainly just at the parks? Or is it generally everywhere at WDW? I'm expecting Disney Springs to be busier than normal. What's your experience been at Christmas, specifically the week before Christmas? Are any certain times of the day/ places busier than others during the Christmas season?

Also, what's your favorite non-park thing to do during Christmas? I really want to visit some resorts and look at Christmas decor.

We are going into this knowing its going to be more crowded, I'm just hoping its not too crazy for us!

Jeff
05-04-2016, 02:54 PM
We have been many times over Christmas. Usually the week before Christmas is no where near as busy as the week in between Christmas and New Years Day. Of course, with Christmas Day being a weekend this year it's hard to say when schools across the country begin their breaks. Still the week you are planning shouldn't be too crazy.
We have found the closer to Christmas Day the busier Downtown Disney gets.
On our must visit resorts are Grand Floridian and Wilderness Lodge.
Hope you have a great time!