PDA

View Full Version : 5 nights renting points

Crow
05-02-2016, 12:13 AM
ive rented points that last 2 trips at SSR and OKW. might go in September and rent points at one of these places. I havent stayed at the DVC part of these five places, but have stayed at WL and AKL resorts and like both. which of these five places would you vote for...all of them being the same $ or with less $200 of each other..

VWL Mom
05-02-2016, 06:00 AM
I voted for VGF and Poly. When I check availability though, if your looking to rent points, you're going to have a tough time getting a studio in September, there's not a whole lot available at any of the resorts other than OKW and SSR. May have an easier time if paying cash.

ThanxForNoticin
05-02-2016, 12:15 PM
I'm not clear on what you're asking exactly. If you are looking to rent points and stay at one of these DVC locations in September, I'm not sure how that's going to work for you. The DVC Club Level rooms at AKL go in a snap 11 months in advance. And as VWL Mom mentions, availability at VGF and Poly will be tough, as well. Is there someplace offering DVC points for these resorts at these rates on your dates?

Our vote would be AKL Club Level - an amazing experience, when it's available!

Crow
05-02-2016, 04:37 PM
thats what the cost would be if available. just trying to get a feel esp for the ones I havent stayed in. my GF had mentioned GF but i was asking the other night and she said maybe BLT, but I told her it wasnt a castle view. I havent stayed at BLT but heard the rooms were smaller than others. If its just a standard view room idk if it would b worth it just for the location. I love WL and like the AKL but ive had bad views at both of those. I love the location of Beach club but didnt like the rooms and have never stayed at BW but like its location. so just trying to get diff opinions. sept because its value season but am checking October also

VWL Mom
05-02-2016, 07:52 PM
BLT Studios are the smallest at 336 sq ft. If you are going standard you would be on the lower floor (1-4) and most of the views are of the parking lot/monorail. There are some around back that you might have a view of the pool/lake if you were on the 4th floor.

VGF is luxury. We stayed in a 2bedroom for the first time last year and I was impressed by the finishings in the room. It was so much more than I expected. The studios there are 374 sq ft and can be on floors 1-6. We had a standard room 5th floor and had a great view of the beach and pool.

The new Poly Studios reviews are all over the place, it seems to be a love it or leave it. If you like the resort in general though, I would give it a try.

Hope this helps.

Crow
05-04-2016, 01:37 PM
thanks. ill have to see whats available