PDA

View Full Version : Crystal palace?

beckylovestink
05-01-2016, 05:43 PM
We are heading to Disney in September. I originally had plans for dinner at crystal palace, but have seen some bad reviews lately. So switched to Tonys....now seeing bad reviews there. Family is not real adventurous. How has the palace been lately? We've never been to Tonys. Any thoughts advice appreciated.

Celakip
05-01-2016, 07:03 PM
Crystal Palace is one of our favorites. We were just there last December and it was as good as always. In fact, we had a mobility-impaired person with us and they went out of their way to accomodate us. Tony's is good, but CP is better in my opinion.

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-01-2016, 09:22 PM
We've been to both, and enjoyed both. It is tricky, most places in the MK don't get good reviews, since they aren't fancy and are fairly busy.

So, don't worry about the reviews. If you want the buffet, CP is a perfectly good choice. Enjoy!

mechanic
05-02-2016, 01:35 AM
Yes, the reviews don't mean much, the are heavily slanted towards negative because those are the people who write the most reviews. If you like buffets, and variety go CP, for a semi casual Italian tonys is good too. I would say a little better than olive garden, or macaroni grill. We eat there every visit.

mydisneygirls
05-02-2016, 06:21 AM
We have been many, many times and have loved it. However when we went last August, we didn't care for it at all. This was due to the prime rib being very over cooked and dry. We like ours on the rare side and we asked a couple times if we could have it that way with no luck. Also felt the food selection wasn't as good as in the past either. We could have just hit it on a bad night but we are choosing to skip it on our upcoming trip.

faline
05-02-2016, 06:55 AM
I've only been to the Crystal Palace for breakfast but have enjoyed it each time I've been there. Tony's has been hit or miss for me. Sometimes, it has been very good; other times, mediocre - not sure why there seems to be such a spectrum of experiences at this location.

SurferStitch
05-02-2016, 11:24 AM
DH and I enjoy both breakfast and dinner at Crystal Palace. We've always found the food to be fresh, hot, plentiful and they have excellent variety.

We are doing dinner there in October. We like it much better than Tony's.

Genie1953
05-04-2016, 07:20 AM
Crystal Palace is our favorite restaurant for breakfast and we always try to get early reservations for before the park opens. There is something magical about walking down Mainstreet in the morning without all the crowds around.

TheHD
05-04-2016, 02:13 PM
I assume the breakfast is usually cheaper than the dinner?

CynBeth
05-04-2016, 05:54 PM
We enjoy CP for breakfast and Tony's for dinner.

Arielfan98
05-04-2016, 07:04 PM
The largest negative about Crystal Palace is that it tends to be very loud. I've heard it's a bit better at 1900 Park Fare. But ultimately, if you're family likes it, go for it!

biggins
05-05-2016, 08:30 AM
We ate dinner at CP during our trip a few weeks ago in April and I thought the food was very good. I was only in Tony's once and did not like it at all, it seemed a lot more crowded to me than CP, tables very close together and the food was just ok.

deedee73
05-05-2016, 12:43 PM
We eat at Crystal Palace every trip as Eeyore is my mom's absolute favorite character. We usually do breakfast so we can enter the park early but we have also had lunch there (recently phased out & dinner was expanded). The food has always been plentiful & fresh with a large variety of options to satisfy everyone. It was one of the favorite meals of our large family gathering (17 people from toddler to 94) because of the character interaction and the sheer variety. Been to Tony's 2x - the first was awesome and the second time was the complete opposite. Now any venue can have an off nigjt but I felt so disappointed. We asked for a patio table & was willing to wait and that was not accommodated. We were actually seated right at a passway for the servers so our table was rather loud & not very relaxing. I am rather picky due to server food sensitivities and they were not accomodating to my food likes/dislikes either saying most options were already prepared etc and an item couldn't be excluded/altered - totally not the norm around Disney. I even asked if one of the dinner options could be made as a lunch portion & was also told that it couldn't be done. Usually they are so accomodating regarding food especially with so many people having allergies but that was not what we experienced here. The experience really soured us to the point we have not returned. Unfortunately our experience at Tony's seems to be more of the norm than the rarity. Many people say the restaurant is inconsistent at best. Both experiences were a lunch ADR.

#1donaldfan
05-05-2016, 01:18 PM
They are both very good actually. I've read the bad reviews too and just don't see it. When I dine at Disney I realize it's a theme park and as far as theme park food goes it's top notch. There are better places, of course, but they are both good. For me, I would pick Tony's over CP as it's not as chaotic and loud.