PDA

View Full Version : Review for Poly Club versus Grand Floridian Club

Catzle
04-28-2016, 11:10 PM
For those that had questions I just returned from the Grand Floridian Sugar Loaf building and thought I would give a comparison on what we thought.

Will give my point of view from the Grand Floridian since we just stayed there:

Pros - Sugar Loaf building is close to pool, main building, boat dock and buses. Bathroom was real nice with having the toilet and shower separate from the sinks was a huge plus. Bathroom area very nice size. Room was comfortable and roomy. Our view was of the pool. Very quiet. We enjoyed the grounds a lot. While the resort is large it never felt busy or crowded. The pool we spent most time in was the large pool without the slide. We loved this pool; it is huge and never crowded. We could actually swim if we wanted and you never ran into anyone. We also liked that they did not care if you had drinks in the pool. Was nice to buy a drink from the bar and actually sit in the pool and drink it. The room had a hamper in it which we liked also. Now onto the club lounge. We liked that the lounge is on the main level so when walk in the door its right there. There are usually at least 3-5 people working and they were so helpful and nice. Always walking around making sure everyone had what they needed. They had water bottles which was a huge plus! They were there always helping out and getting what you needed. My daughter has celiac disease and they always made sure she was taken care of. Many varieties of drinks like lemon aide and juice that are always out. Great breakfast selections; huge selection of breads for breakfast that was not just bagels. Many pastries to choice from. Usually three or more fruits out. Yogurts with granola etc. out.

Cons - The food for the o'dwarves was much slimmer then the Poly. Poly does a much better job.

Can't walk to the TTC

So in the end we loved the Grand Floridian. It was open and huge and not crowded even though we know the place was packed with guests. We liked the bathroom setup and room was great. The pool was so large you never felt like it was over taken with kids to the point where you couldn't swim. We enjoyed the lounge and the friendliness of all staff. We did not have one problem at all. It was a flawless trip. Highlights of the resort would be having water bottles, the huge pool and being able to have your drink in the pool and the friendliness of the staff.

My kids still prefer the Poly they say mainly because its our "home" resort. But if you have ever been thinking about staying at the Grand Floridian club level I highly suggest it!

Hammer
04-29-2016, 12:50 AM
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay in Sugar Loaf Club level! I agree, the breakfast selection was amazing! We haven't stayed there in a few years but do they still have cold cuts out during breakfast hours? That was really nice as we made a croissant sandwich for our Mom, a diabetic, to give her some protein in the morning. We also enjoyed the "tea time" offerings. I seemed to remember the cocktail hour food offerings to be just okay, but loved we could have a glass of champagne :D !

Catzle
04-29-2016, 12:15 PM
No cold cuts for breakfast. I heard someone mention that were upset that part was gone. They did have such a nice variety for breakfast though.