PDA

View Full Version : Quick question about dining

dolphinsfan203
04-27-2016, 12:01 PM
Quick question.

I am in the process of planning a trip and unsure if I'll need a 6 person dining reservation or a 4 person do to possible work conflicts. The problem is the trip is inside of 180 days and I need to begin making ressies.

So if I book the 6 person reservation which In the end I believe I'll need, is it a problem if I need to change it down to 4 people?? How will it effect the planning?

Any help is greatly appreciated. I tried calling Disney dining today but the lines are all tied up.

Thanks!

Arielfan98
04-27-2016, 12:19 PM
I have no personal experience with this, but I believe I read somewhere else on Intercot it's easier to downsize a reservation than to upsize. This is because, in your case, they would accommodate to a table only meant for 4 people if you call the reservation for 4 people. If u call the reservation for 6 people, they may put you at a table that will fit 6 people and can still fit the 4 people, should the 2 others not show up. I would book for a table of 6 and then as soon as you know if it's 4 people, call Disney right away. Hope this helps! :thumbsup:

Strmchsr
04-27-2016, 01:57 PM
It's definitely easier to downsize so make your reservations for 6 and if you need to change it to 4 later that's much less hassle than trying to go the other way.

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-27-2016, 02:06 PM
I agree with the others. Book it for 6, it is often easier to downsize.

Plus, even if you can't downsize, if only 4 people show up you won't be charged or penalized. This has happened to us when we booked for 4, but then Mom decided she wasn't up to joining us after all.

deedee73
04-27-2016, 11:28 PM
Definitely book for 6 & downsize if need be but also if uou do not know until the last minute having a smaller number show for a meal will not incur the $10 charge/person unless NO ONE shows for the ADR. This way you will have enough seats if everyone goes.