PDA

View Full Version : Travel Ideas

Wayne
04-26-2016, 12:49 PM
On May 23 & 24, I will travel with my newly college graduated daughter from our home in Chattanooga, TN to her first "real job" with Opera Saratoga in Saratoga Springs, NY. We'll be traveling I-81 for the most part. I'm thinking that a good day's drive will place us between Chambersburg and Harrisburg, PA. There won't be any time for sightseeing. We plan to get to the motel, get a bite to eat, get some sleep and get going early the next morning. Any suggestions would be welcomed.

John
04-26-2016, 03:22 PM
Congrats on the first real job - how exciting! Unfortunately, I'm close but not close enough to the i81 corridor to give you tips. Chambersburg is sleepy and Harrisburg - been there for a few hoops tournaments and Hershey Park but couldn't recommend anything based on that :(

Tink1
04-26-2016, 04:29 PM
There is a Hampton Inn off the Grantville Exit near Hershey that we have stayed at and was nice. Food nearby as well.

But that was a few years ago.

Nanc

Wayne
04-27-2016, 12:49 PM
Thanks John and Nanci for the response. I haven't made a road trip like this since my own college days. Looking forward to the father/daughter time.

TheDuckRocks
04-27-2016, 01:41 PM
In Chambersburg on the west side of I-81 between Lincoln (30 Hwy) and Walker Road exits there are a number of motels: Clarion, Days Inn, La Quinta, Best Western, Candlewood Suites and Country Inn & Suites (newest). Also close to any of these are many places to get food; Red Robin, Long Horn Steakhouse, Fuddrucker's, Texas Roadhouse, TGI Friday's, Café Del Sol, and AKI Japanese.

Wayne
04-27-2016, 09:55 PM
Thanks, Kay.

Goofy4TheWorld
04-28-2016, 10:33 AM
On May 23 & 24, I will travel with my newly college graduated daughter from our home in Chattanooga, TN

I have nothing to say about travelling North, but I just wanted to say "howdy neighbor" since you are in Chattanooga. :hi: