PDA

View Full Version : Soarin' soft opening?

WDWFRK
04-20-2016, 12:23 PM
I just saw the news that Soarin' is scheduled to reopen on June 17--two days after we leave :(. What do you think the odds are that there will be a soft opening before that date?

Polynesian Dweller
04-20-2016, 12:28 PM
I just saw the news that Soarin' is scheduled to reopen on June 17--two days after we leave :(. What do you think the odds are that there will be a soft opening before that date?

On this one, probably no chance. Shanghai had the exclusive right to open it on June 16. All other parks have to be after that date so June 17 is the earliest it can be shown at Epcot.

Davy Crockett
04-20-2016, 12:57 PM
OH that is terrible as we will be there through June 12th and we are taking the Parents / Grandparents with us as this is their first visit back since we were kids and my DD has been telling them how great this experience is and that it is her favorite ride.... I hate that...:mad:

Polynesian Dweller
04-20-2016, 05:14 PM
OH that is terrible as we will be there through June 12th and we are taking the Parents / Grandparents with us as this is their first visit back since we were kids and my DD has been telling them how great this experience is and that it is her favorite ride.... I hate that...:mad:
Soarn will be open then with the current film. It is the new film that can't be shown until June 17.

BrerGnat
04-20-2016, 06:57 PM
Soarn will be open then with the current film. It is the new film that can't be shown until June 17.

Exactly. They can easily swap out the film.

2Epcot
04-21-2016, 02:04 AM
It is more than just swapping the film. There is a new program to run the ride, maybe new signage, possibly new pre-show video. Just guessing, I think the ride might be down a few days before the change.

WDWFRK
04-22-2016, 01:34 PM
Thanks for the info and input!

Davy Crockett
04-26-2016, 12:55 PM

Do you really think it will be open during the first week of June... That would be fantastic! I don't care which film as long as they get to experience the ride. When do you think FP can be reserved? as of now it still is unavailable to select.
Thank you for giving me hope :thumbsup:

RBrooksC
05-02-2016, 08:30 AM
I would highly doubt Soarin' will be open before the new film opens. There is no way they would close down the attraction to prepare for the new film and then open it early to show the old film just to start it again on June 17 with the new film. If Soarin' is closed now, it will be closed until the new film debuts.

garthbarth1
05-17-2016, 11:19 PM
I would highly doubt Soarin' will be open before the new film opens. There is no way they would close down the attraction to prepare for the new film and then open it early to show the old film just to start it again on June 17 with the new film. If Soarin' is closed now, it will be closed until the new film debuts.

Is Soarin open currently??

Polynesian Dweller
05-17-2016, 11:26 PM
It is more than just swapping the film. There is a new program to run the ride, maybe new signage, possibly new pre-show video. Just guessing, I think the ride might be down a few days before the change.
The beauty of being digital is that the programming is in the digital information of the film, movie, sound and ride programming all in one digital track. Program it in one location and it works in another. It's fairly easy to swap films.

Polynesian Dweller
05-17-2016, 11:28 PM
Do you really think it will be open during the first week of June... That would be fantastic! I don't care which film as long as they get to experience the ride. When do you think FP can be reserved? as of now it still is unavailable to select.
Thank you for giving me hope :thumbsup:

Well, that's what being said. You never really know until it happens and with most soft openings you have to walk by to see that it's open.

BrerGnat
05-17-2016, 11:50 PM
Well, for what it's worth, Soarin is open at Disneyland right now and it is only scheduled to be down for one day, on June 16 to swap out to the new film. So, it is possible it could reopen at WDW with the old film.

1DisneyNut
05-18-2016, 01:10 PM
Digital movie and ride control software running on a computer.......should take all of 5 minutes to switch over and then test run it a few cycles....another 15-30 minutes. I really don't see how it could even remotely take them even a day to do the changeover unless an unforeseen glitch arises.

BrerGnat
05-18-2016, 03:47 PM
Digital movie and ride control software running on a computer.......should take all of 5 minutes to switch over and then test run it a few cycles....another 15-30 minutes. I really don't see how it could even remotely take them even a day to do the changeover unless an unforeseen glitch arises.

Well, they also have to replace some signage, so that is why I think it will be down for one day at Disneyland.

BrerGnat
05-20-2016, 01:05 PM
Disney just announced that Soarin' will reopen at Epcot with the old film from May 27-June 16.

The new film will debut June 17!

Polynesian Dweller
05-20-2016, 09:48 PM
Disney just announced that Soarin' will reopen at Epcot with the old film from May 27-June 16.

The new film will debut June 17!

The unofficial chatter had been pointing very strongly to this. Nice to see it confirmed. Apparently confirmed also that digital running on a computer can be swapped out that quickly.

Figment!
05-21-2016, 10:46 AM
Here is the announcement regarding the "Farewell Flights" for the California version of Soarin':

Epcot guests will enjoy farewell flights when the classic Soarin’ returns to The Land pavilion in Future World starting May 27. The attraction reopens at Epcot in Walt Disney World Resort before the new film, Soarin’ Around the World, debuts next month at Disney parks in Shanghai, California and Florida. Disney FastPass+ service will be available starting May 21 for this limited opportunity to enjoy the classic Soarin’ experience at Epcot.

The classic Soarin’ film based on the popular Disney California Adventure park attraction, Soarin’ Over California, is a multi-sensory adventure with stunning views over California’s popular sites including the Golden Gate Bridge, Napa Valley and Yosemite National Park to name a few. You’ll swear you feel the mist from the ocean. Don’t miss your chance to experience Soarin’ Over California at Disney California Adventure now through June 15, and at Epcot through June 16.

WDWFRK
05-22-2016, 04:04 PM
So excited that Soarin' will be open during our trip!! Made my FP+ first thing Saturday morning.

tyeepup
05-22-2016, 07:44 PM
FP+ must have just gone live in the past few hours. It was not offered earlier in the day, but just a few minutes ago I was able to make one for our 35th anniversary visit May 30. DW was elated.

Park Hopper
05-24-2016, 10:16 AM
Does anyone know if they are running this in all 3 theaters or just the original 2?

Thanks.

MarkC
05-27-2016, 01:21 PM
We rode it this morning. So much for no one knowing about this. A very large crowd was ready by 8:50am when they opened the gates. At 8:55am they changed the wait time from 30 to 45 minutes, and by 10:00am it was 105 minutes. It was the old movie but it had been cleaned up and it was fantastic.

Ironically they had theatre B and new theatre C running, but A was not open. We got sent to B so no dea if C is any different. They were also running the original spiel with Puddy.