PDA

View Full Version : strategic parade waiting area

mandaep
04-19-2016, 06:54 AM
Okay. I'm seeing this FOF parade this time (as said like Rapunzel when she said she's seeing those lanterns). Two kids. 4&6. Will be tired. Don't want to stand in sun. Want to stand as close as possible to be close to the characters. Okay when standing in the frontier land area. Okay where should we wait for the parade at?!?

CleveSJM
04-19-2016, 03:04 PM
On one of the porches in Frontier-land where the rope goes right up to the porch. Might be shady and a place to sit a little off the ground. Those spots go fast though on a busy day.

Main Street Jim
04-24-2016, 09:04 PM
Okay. I'm seeing this FOF parade this time (as said like Rapunzel when she said she's seeing those lanterns). Two kids. 4&6. Will be tired. Don't want to stand in sun. Want to stand as close as possible to be close to the characters. Okay when standing in the frontier land area. Okay where should we wait for the parade at?!?Go to the Main Street/Town Square end of the parade route, and sit on the sidewalk in front of/near City Hall. You'll definitely be in the shade (sun will be behind buildings). You can't get any closer than the sidewalk, as the characters perform while out in the center of the street. But, at that end, you'll be able to see the parade make its way around Town Square and exit at the gate next to the firehouse.

Speedy1998
04-25-2016, 12:41 PM
Personally, I like either Liberty Square or Frontier land. I always try to get near a wall or a bench that the rope is close to. That way the number of people that can push in behind you is limited.

IloveJack
05-07-2016, 01:11 AM
We like to sit on the porch at Pecos Bills or on the sidewalk at the Barber Shop. Either way, you're at the edge of the route, but not crammed into a crowded spot.

AJ Springfield
05-22-2016, 08:48 AM
My favorite spot was at the train station - 2nd floor balcony overlooking the parade.