PDA

View Full Version : River of Light viewing?

disneyjo46
04-13-2016, 01:58 PM
Hi All! Does anyone know what the viewing situation is for the Rivers of Light show? Is it a sit down amphitheater such as Fantasmic or a find your own spot as in Illuminations?

allgiggles
04-13-2016, 02:50 PM
Hi All! Does anyone know what the viewing situation is for the Rivers of Light show? Is it a sit down amphitheater such as Fantasmic or a find your own spot as in Illuminations?

It is a sit-down amphitheater similar (but much smaller) to Fantasmic. And speculation is that you won't be able to see the show (other than possibly a few tall elements) from any pathways in the area. Word is that once Rivers of Light opens (if that ever happens), there will be Dining packages, FP+, and standby availability for seating.

disneyjo46
04-13-2016, 03:25 PM
Oh thanks! Great information!

ransam
04-14-2016, 06:20 PM
Any idea when it opens? a soft opening?

allgiggles
04-14-2016, 10:02 PM
Disney said they would update the public on the status of the Rivers of Light opening in mid to late May. I'm reading rumors that it will open around July 4th.

VaCamm
04-15-2016, 04:22 PM
We were in AK during Christmas week, and we peeked thru the construction fence while they were working on the seating area. It looks very small.... nowhere near as large as Fantasmic.

04-19-2016, 01:27 PM
We were in AK during Christmas week, and we peeked thru the construction fence while they were working on the seating area. It looks very small.... nowhere near as large as Fantasmic.

Fantasmic - 7,000 RoL - 5,000

Stu29573
04-19-2016, 02:52 PM
We saw the seating area while eating at Flame Tree at Christmas. It looked VERY small. I assumed that there would be viewing along the river as well, but that doesn't seem to be the case. In fact, the first thing that I thought when I heard they are delaying the opening is that they grossly underestimated how much seating they needed...

PopPhan
04-19-2016, 03:02 PM
I might be wrong, but I believe I saw somewhere that there is going to be multiple showings of Rivers of Light every evening. That may be a reason for less seating. There are seating areas on both sides of the bridge at EE -- the EE side and in front of the Nemo show building. Will you be able to sit in the Flame Tree seating areas and watch this? Would that even be a good viewing area?

Remember that there will also be the light show at/on the Tree of Life in the evenings as well.