PDA

View Full Version : I'm just curious

mydisneygirls
04-11-2016, 01:06 PM
Would you really pay a $150 for extra hours at night or $69 ($59 for kids) for Early Morning Magic where you get breakfast and can ride Seven Dwarf, Pooh and Peter Pan. This is will be Tuesdays and Saturdays and does not take the place of Early Magic Hours on other days. I certainly won't.

It seems that they're eventually going to be charging for everything!!! What's going to be next....$10 a day for using the pool!!!!!!! It's getting ridiculous.

BrerGnat
04-11-2016, 01:12 PM
I actually would consider the nighttime one if I was there with just other adult friends. I like to sleep in (which my kids don't let me do) and I would consider this so that I could be lazy in the mornings and then still hit all the major attractions very late at night. I would be more inclined to do it during warmer weather months, as heat and sun trigger migraines for me and this would be a good way to have a "full day" in the parks (since the ticket lets you enter at either 7 or 8 pm) without the sun and heat affecting me.

buzznwoodysmom
04-11-2016, 01:21 PM
No! I most likely wouldn't pay for either. As it stands now, I think the price of park tickets is getting too high! I surely don't want to pay an upcharge for extra hours on top of that. But I am sure there are plenty of people screaming "take my money"! Lol.

mydisneygirls
04-11-2016, 01:33 PM
I agree that the price of tickets is too high. If you add the extra hours at night, that's $250 (times however many for an entire family) for one day in a park. I'm assuming the extra night hours is not a park hopping ticket? I just have a feeling that eventually there will be no advantage to staying on property.

#1donaldfan
04-11-2016, 02:10 PM
No way !! Pay extra to stay in the park a little longer than I've already paid over $100 to be in ?? Greed is taking over for sure and customer service is finding it's way out the door !!

Ms. Mode
04-11-2016, 04:20 PM
Well, I have paid extra for MNSCHP and MVMCP more than once, but I don't think I would do this. I'll just schedule my FP+ in advance and ride when my time comes up. However, we have been many many times and the rides are just a bonus for us now.

There is always an advantage to staying on property. It's being totally immersed in the place! I love it, there is no where else you can go and get away from regular life like WDW. :mickey:

vicster
04-11-2016, 04:29 PM
Never!

Maleficent_vf
04-11-2016, 04:50 PM
Absolutely not! On top of regular park admission, it just isn't worth it. Does anyone have a figure as to how much the average park-goer spends over and above park admission - souvenirs, food, etc.?

I am very disappointed by the direction the theme parks are taking. There seems to be less and less concern about quality of product and more focus on how much $$$ can we squeeze out of the suckers. Very disappointing.

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-11-2016, 08:46 PM
If I have a short trip, I may, IF (and this is a BIG IF) they actually limit the tickets to a level that makes it enjoyable and uncrowded. I'd rather a day of relaxing around the resort and some uncrowded park time than a zooey day in the parks.

I know this is what Disney is counting on though ... so I am somewhat torn.

ILoveLegos
04-11-2016, 08:52 PM
In a word, nope. I have been to Florida twice so far this year alone and have not stepped on Disney property. I am immersing myself in a whole "new" non-Disney world right now. The lines are minimal, it is not under construction & there is no "nickel & dime-ing" going on to the extent that it is currently in WDW. So far, there is a ton to see & do too. I probably won't be back to Disney World for a very long while - :blush: However, when I do return - it will probably be in Japan: Tokyo Disney Land & Disney Sea ... whoohoo! :cloud9:

deedee73
04-11-2016, 10:17 PM
The early morning with breakfast does require a park ticket in addition to the upcharge however the evening event is a hard ticket event that does not require park admission. So it is not $250 just the $150. Very similar to MNSSHP or MVMCP.

DizneyFreak2002
04-12-2016, 09:43 AM
Would you really pay a $150 for extra hours at night or $69 ($59 for kids) for Early Morning Magic where you get breakfast and can ride Seven Dwarf, Pooh and Peter Pan. This is will be Tuesdays and Saturdays and does not take the place of Early Magic Hours on other days. I certainly won't.

It seems that they're eventually going to be charging for everything!!! What's going to be next....$10 a day for using the pool!!!!!!! It's getting ridiculous.
No, not worth it...

And coming soon, $50 just to use the bathrooms... Need toilet paper???? Well, that will cost you another $10 per piece... Oh, and make sure to book your FP for it 60 days out!!!

***Note: that is sarcasm... Or is it? LOL

joonyer
04-12-2016, 09:52 AM
As of now, Disney resort guests can still take advantage of early and late EMH without paying additional costs (on other days), so I think these tickets are designed to get $$$ from those off-site guests who have been complaining that they can't access EMH times. The question is: how much longer will on-site guests be getting the EMH perks without having to pay extra? Or, Disney could just increase room rates of course and still call EMH "free" for on-site guests.

mydisneygirls
04-12-2016, 10:00 AM
The early morning with breakfast does require a park ticket in addition to the upcharge however the evening event is a hard ticket event that does not require park admission. So it is not $250 just the $150. Very similar to MNSSHP or MVMCP.

Oh right, the early morning breakfast does require park admission....BUT really, $69 for breakfast and to ride 3 rides? That's almost $300 for a family of four (have to remember tip at the breakfast). And yes, the evening one is a hard ticket event but I think they're hoping, just like MNSSHP and MVMCP, that people will spend the extra $150 just go spend more time in the park.

I really, really, really hope people don't buy into their greed and that they'll do away with it.

mydisneygirls
04-12-2016, 10:07 AM
No, not worth it...

And coming soon, $50 just to use the bathrooms... Need toilet paper???? Well, that will cost you another $10 per piece... Oh, and make sure to book your FP for it 60 days out!!!

***Note: that is sarcasm... Or is it? LOL

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

DizneyFreak2002
04-12-2016, 10:27 AM
As of now, Disney resort guests can still take advantage of early and late EMH without paying additional costs (on other days), so I think these tickets are designed to get $$$ from those off-site guests who have been complaining that they can't access EMH times. The question is: how much longer will on-site guests be getting the EMH perks without having to pay extra? Or, Disney could just increase room rates of course and still call EMH "free" for on-site guests.
Stay tuned...

DizneyFreak2002
04-12-2016, 10:30 AM
I really, really, really hope people don't buy into their greed and that they'll do away with it.
Consumerism 101, there is a sucker born every minute... And most customers are suckers... Companies prey on those customers... And Disney is no different... They have their most loyal fans who will rather go into debt, lose their home, not have a college fund for their kids then give up their Disney addiction... There are also the first time customers who don't know any better and think they HAVE TO pay these money grab fees because Disney's marketing machine makes it sound that way...

magicofdisney
04-12-2016, 11:20 AM
Perhaps they're testing people's willingness to pay this much for a hard ticket event so they can jack the rates of MNSSHP and MVMCP. I'm only referencing the nighttime offering here.

taleasoldastime
04-12-2016, 11:33 AM
Nope. With good touring plans you don't need those extra hours. Save your money.

taleasoldastime
04-12-2016, 11:36 AM
Consumerism 101, there is a sucker born every minute... And most customers are suckers... Companies prey on those customers... And Disney is no different... They have their most loyal fans who will rather go into debt, lose their home, not have a college fund for their kids then give up their Disney addiction... There are also the first time customers who don't know any better and think they HAVE TO pay these money grab fees because Disney's marketing machine makes it sound that way...

Yes. and not only do they think that they have to buy it, they will think that it is smart or "cool" to buy it.
i can see it now:
"When I went to Disney World, I paid extra for exclusive after hour access." *Puts on cool guy sunglasses*

Yeah.. You aren't smart.. you're just a sucker.

BrerGnat
04-12-2016, 12:20 PM
Perhaps they're testing people's willingness to pay this much for a hard ticket event so they can jack the rates of MNSSHP and MVMCP. I'm only referencing the nighttime offering here.

I 100% agree with this. I have a feeling those parties will be $99 (at least) this year.

TheVBs
04-12-2016, 01:30 PM
I can't imagine us doing either one of those. As others have pointed out, if you stay on property you have the EMH to use. Even if we were just passing through and wanted an evening in MK, that's $600 for our family of 4. Yikes! We did MVMCP that way a few years ago. We just stayed a couple nights at AoA, did the party, then the mini golf courses and Downtown Disney. But, the party tickets came to $300, I think? I can't remember how much we paid for them. This would have been 3 years ago.

DizneyFreak2002
04-12-2016, 06:24 PM

They don't need to test the public's willingness by doing these paid EMH... They know the publics' willingness already... They continue to jack the prices of MNSSHP and MVMCP and they always almost still sell out...

This is just another revenue stream to add to the bottom line... Just another thing they want to monetize, because they don't monetize everything else...

TWGator
04-12-2016, 06:37 PM
I was looking over the Run Disney site today in preparation for this weekend's Star Wars run and saw something I've never noticed before. They now have a "VIP" option to pick up your race packet the morning of the race. For "only" an additional $39!!! I had to read that several times to let it sink in. $39 - more than the cost of most local 5K races - to JUST pick up your packet. I didn't see anything else included.

I love Disney, but it does seem they're trying their best to swindle every last penny from their guests.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Disney4us2
04-12-2016, 07:25 PM
Just to stir the pot... What about premium parking? Only right now at MK and Epcot at $35.00 a pop. It's basically just behind the handicapped parking in one section (at Epcot). I can see$10.00, but $35.00 is ridiculous.

BrerGnat
04-12-2016, 07:32 PM
I was looking over the Run Disney site today in preparation for this weekend's Star Wars run and saw something I've never noticed before. They now have a "VIP" option to pick up your race packet the morning of the race. For "only" an additional $39!!! I had to read that several times to let it sink in. $39 - more than the cost of most local 5K races - to JUST pick up your packet. I didn't see anything else included.

I love Disney, but it does seem they're trying their best to swindle every last penny from their guests.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, to play devil's advocate, a LOT of people have to fly in early and get an extra night of hotel room just to be able to pick up their packet the day before.

Paying $39 is far less than the cost of a night at any of the Disney hotels and if this had been publicized a couple months ago, my husband would have absolutely done this as opposed to paying an extra $125 for a night at Pop that he really doesn't need this week for the Star Wars races.

joonyer
04-12-2016, 10:16 PM
They don't need to test the public's willingness by doing these paid EMH... They know the publics' willingness already... They continue to jack the prices of MNSSHP and MVMCP and they always almost still sell out...

This is just another revenue stream to add to the bottom line... Just another thing they want to monetize, because they don't monetize everything else... . . . YET.

Give em' time.

i'm grumpy
04-13-2016, 11:36 AM
We won't pay it. We stopped getting hoppers years ago. :(

allgiggles
04-13-2016, 02:47 PM
The early morning one doesn't appeal to me at all. You get (at most) an hour of "exclusive" time to ride 3 attractions. Depending on how many tickets they sell for this event, you may only be able to get on each of those rides once during that hour. Granted, there is a breakfast buffet included, but in order to eat there, you're going to be giving up precious early morning park time when the lines are still relatively short for most attractions. I can see where this event might appeal to off-site guests who weren't able to get a FP for 7DMT and PP on their only day at MK on their once-in-a-lifetime trip to Disney World.

I might be willing to pay for the evening event if it was just me and my husband and we were only in town for 1 day or just passing though and only had an evening available to stop at Disney World. At least with the night time event you can get in the park at 7:00 and spend a few hours doing things before your 3-hour "exclusive" time begins. I think we'd be able to get a lot more things done during the night time event. That being said, I would never pay for our whole family to attend during one of our week-long trips to Disney World.

Eric87
04-18-2016, 09:54 AM
I would consider the morning having two young children, hitting those rides are a must and our FP could be used on other important attractions.

The evening, I would only do if it were my wife and I. We would attend the evening on a resort/pool day that way we're not using a park day on top of it. We'd get there in the early window to still see the parade, castle show, and fireworks. Then spend the rest of the time hitting our favorite attractions that we haven't rode together in years because of our young ones. As others mentioned, a short trip, this would benefit as well.

As long as EMH is still offered to onsite guests and these are offered on other nights I'm ok with Disney making these available. If people want to pay for it, let them spend their money. The more successful our parks are, and universal, the more this "extra" money will be reinvested into the parks and magic band technology.
I know everyone is on this Disney is gouging the consumer kick, but a full days worth of entertainment at Disney is a great value. I recently went to Hawaii and we paid $100 a person for a Luau and they had 3 hours of entertainment, a buffet, and a free drink. I just recently saw a Bruce Springsteen concert and with tickets, parking, a drink, and sand which it was about $225 for 3 1/2 hours.
I think Disney and Universal for that matter are starting to understand that they can charge more comparably and people are still walking away feeling good about the money spent. I hate the price increases, but we go every year because we feel like it's still worth it.
Sorry to go off on a tangent.

Jack Skellington
04-18-2016, 11:35 AM
Not sure if I am allowed to post a link, but there was an interesting article on Motley Fool's website today regarding the possible "flop" of the After Hours launch last week.

JS

waymickey
04-18-2016, 02:10 PM
I read an article of the weekend that the first night time extra hours was a flop. 1000 guests and most were free tickets for travel agents and APH. They lost money and most surveyed so no they are not willing to pay extra .

As for me, No WAY. It is too expensive.

BrerGnat
04-18-2016, 03:41 PM
I read an article of the weekend that the first night time extra hours was a flop. 1000 guests and most were free tickets for travel agents and APH. They lost money and most surveyed so no they are not willing to pay extra .

As for me, No WAY. It is too expensive.

The 1000 number was ONE bloggers "guess." It was not an official number. They only offered a limited number of free admissions to DVC members but they did cut that off when they reached "capacity." It was also a rainy night so some of those DVC members might have skipped it or left early. By Disney's count, the event "reached capacity."

Arielfan98
04-18-2016, 08:48 PM
I agree with what everyone else is saying, and no, I wouldn't pay extra. I think it's ridiculous how they're making us pay extra and cutting down on quality. For example, they now purchase a cheaper bread for Tonga Toast. However, the old bread was what made it taste good/memorable to others (or so I've heard). Dining experiences like that should not be changed and overcharged. Ridiculous.

LandFan
04-19-2016, 07:35 AM
If I were going to Florida for a non-Disney vacation and I wanted to spend a day in the kingdom I probably would. I would find $150 to be a great deal to have 7 hours (and 3 of them relatively unbusy) in the magic kingdom at night (my favorite time) since you would not have to pay for a regular day ticket. I figure paying an extra $40 (I figure a regular park ticket for a single day would be around $110) for having the park relatively empty for the 3 hours is not an unfair price.

However I would never pay it if I were there for any length of time and already had a regular multi-day ticket.

Jeff
04-19-2016, 07:49 AM
No!

AJ Springfield
04-19-2016, 08:00 PM
No no no... I can't believe that someone came up with these ideas and that people bought into the -- it's ridiculous!!! I try to frame things in a way that I see the outcome. I can't see anyone walking away from paying and attending this and honestly saying that it was worth the price.

EeyoresBestFriend
04-21-2016, 04:48 PM

I wouldn't pay for extra time - I'm already paying to get in so to me it seems like I'm paying twice for the same day??

It might be okay if they TRULY limited admission to say 15,000 or so. But I am sure like everything Disney, it will start off quite limited and gradually just keep increasing in numbers until people stop going. Like the parties that are waaay too packed now.

After all, posting selling number to 5 tickets below full capacity could be considered "limited", wouldn't they? :D

Snow's Mom
04-22-2016, 09:54 AM
Early Morning Magic runs until 10:00. Does that mean the park will already be crowded when it opens on these two non-EMH days? I've given up on EMH because of the crowds. My plan has been to get there at park-opening on non-EMH days. Now I have to avoid Tuesdays and Saturdays? Or will it spread the crowds out and actually help? Who knows. Maybe they just needed an extra breakfast venue.

Not paying extra and not happy. Things are getting too complicated.

mydisneygirls
04-23-2016, 11:17 AM
I am on the Disney website now and guess what! They're selling tickets for a day in April and four days in May - 3 on Thursdays and one on a Sunday. So if an average family of 4 go, it would cost $634 FOR A TOTAL OF 3 EXTRA HOURS!!! Utter greedness. It's about time for Mr. Iger to go for a ride on the Gran Fiesta Tour and bid hasta luego!

Daisy'sMom
04-25-2016, 08:17 AM
I'm getting to the point of walking away from everything Disney. They are getting extremely greedy. It's not like they have offered anything that was innovative. They gave us the new addition to Fantasyland. We got Thunder Mountain Railroad with seven dwarfs, we got Finding Nemo with Eric and Ariel. Not only did they give us the Mermaid and her guy, but they included oversized dentures on them. We have two Dumbos, an overpriced restaurant and story time. I'm not looking forward to their new projects, if they are like this. As far as imagination, Universal has stepped up to the plate, leaving Disney in the dugout.

Ed
04-25-2016, 11:11 AM