PDA

View Full Version : Beauty and the Beast stage show

Kreed0504
04-03-2016, 09:16 AM
Hours for Hollywood Studios on 4/15/16 are 9-1130. The last BATB show is listed for 5pm. Is that correct? Why do they stop so early? Thanks for your help!!

brad192
04-03-2016, 05:24 PM
My guess is that it would be logistical. The actors and production personnel are probably needed elsewhere (Fantasmic, etc.). Plus, I'm sure all the actors are members of Equity, and they have very specific (and strict) rules about where, how long, and what roles each actor can play.

Or, knowing WDW management, it's probably just a money thing...

ThanxForNoticin
04-04-2016, 11:48 AM
I expect at least part of the issue is crowd control in that area of the park with the Fantasmic shows in the evening.

Speedy1998
04-04-2016, 12:28 PM
I would think it has to do with guest behavior patterns as much as it has to do with crowd control.

Unless DHS is the park with evening EMH, the number of people in the park will start to decrease sometime between 3-4pm as people leave for dinner reservations, or the park with EMH. (This happen to some extent in all the parks, though the time the crowd starts to decrease varies.)

Which means that the shows, that run during the day (I suspect most of them have their last showing around 5:30) are not needed any longer, especially as guest start to line up for the first showing of Fantasmic.