PDA

View Full Version : Fort Wilderness cabins - your opinion

mydisneygirls
04-03-2016, 07:15 AM
Now thinking of renting a cabin. Looking for your opinions on the cabins themselves and how much there is to do around the area for teenagers. Will be going the first week of August. Also, was told by CM I spoke to that outside grills are no more. Does anyone know if this is true. Looking for recommendations on golf cart rentals too. Can you park it near the boat to MK for the day/night?

sisterslovindisney
04-03-2016, 08:33 AM
I have never been to Fort Wilderness but if you watch Ashley and Joe (seeyareelsoon) on YouTube, their most recent videos are about their October stay there. They stayed for 15 days. The first video just posted on Wednesday and they showed a lot of the resort. They always do a great job of letting us see what things are like so I would suggest checking out their videos.

mydisneygirls
04-03-2016, 09:36 AM
Yes, we watch their videos weekly and love them! We usually stay at WL or Poly but there might be 6 of us this year....4 being teenagers.

faline
04-03-2016, 01:31 PM
Haven't stayed at the cabins since long before they were recently refurbished. We always enjoyed our stays there. We stayed with teens before and were able to allow them to boat over to the Contemporary and the Magic Kingdom without issue. Our daughter had been many times and knew the layout of the land very well. There are, of course, the pools as well as bike rentals, canoe rentals and fishing. You can also take a guided horseback tour.