PDA

View Full Version : Reservations for 13

4disneynuts
04-01-2016, 01:34 PM
Hi all, just wondering if others have had trouble getting dining reservations for such a large group. I have found if I try for the 13 of us there is no availability but if I split us to 8 and 5 there is availability. Has anyone else had to split their reservations like this and did it work out for you.

I guess we don't care if we sit together but some of the people coming with my family and I have never been there before.

Thanks!

mechanic
04-01-2016, 08:40 PM
I say split. I could never get that many people to agree on a place or time anyways. Big groups are always hard though. Sometimes it comes down to layout. Rearranged tables can block the traffic flow, server assignments, etc.

Wayne
04-01-2016, 10:05 PM
Might be less hassle if you call for reservations of that size.

deedee73
04-02-2016, 12:23 PM
When I booked for 17 people I called bc it was so so much easier.

ThanxForNoticin
04-04-2016, 12:19 PM
It really depends where you want to eat and how far in advance you can reserve. Every few years, we are down with a large group. The last time we did such a trip was last year with 15. If I remember correctly, a party of up to 15 can be booked online - and a number of restaurants can accommodate that many. Some cannot. We've been very successful with Boma, 'OHana, Portobello, and a few others. Others, we had to split, and the restaurant will try to keep your tables close. A party of more than 15 must be handled through group reservations, which has to be a phone call.

A trick we learned is if you do have to split, but can eat during the first dinner seating (like 4:30/5:00), most restaurants will guarantee you sit close to each other - they have more control of that when the restaurant is just opening for the evening. Good luck!