PDA

View Full Version : Character Dining

andypooh
03-24-2016, 07:07 PM
Not sure yet but we might do one character meal during our stay in DL in June. Are there any meals that people strongly recommend or recommend we avoid? Will be there with DW, DS7, and DS10. Thanks

tinkwest
03-24-2016, 09:33 PM
I don't really feel qualified to answer the question because it has been years since we have gone to a character meal for the characters. We have recently eaten at Storytellers Cafe for breakfast because we like their breakfast. Characters are there during that meal and they are very good about visiting all of the tables. Maybe not the most current characters but some classic such as Chip & Dale, Pluto, etc.

When my kids were that age (over 20 years ago) Goofy's Kitchen was the only game in town so we always went there. Lots of characters, both classic and usually whoever had the most recent movie, and our kids loved it. Soon PCH started their character meals and we liked that one for several years but thought it went downhill in both food served and character interaction.

Again, neither of the last two were recent for me so I can't speak for how the character interaction or food is today, but I do know whenever I pass by Goofy's Kitchen there is a long line so it is definitely popular.

BrerGnat
03-24-2016, 10:06 PM
Goofy's Kitchen is the most popular, but Plaza Inn Breakfast is where you will get the best character interaction. Food is slightly different but similar at both. I'd lean towards Plaza Inn just because it's in the park so just more convenient. I would do a breakfast over a dinner buffet.

BriarRose0708
03-25-2016, 08:28 AM
Goofy's Kitchen is the most popular, but Plaza Inn Breakfast is where you will get the best character interaction. Food is slightly different but similar at both. I'd lean towards Plaza Inn just because it's in the park so just more convenient. I would do a breakfast over a dinner buffet.

If you're in it for the characters and not necessarily the food, then the Plaza Breakfast is the one for you! The food buffet is a little "meh" compared to others - it has your basic buffet items like eggs, sausage, bacon, french toast and Mickey waffles, cereal, pastries, etc. The character interaction is where you get your money's worth - I had 8 or 9 characters visit my table! The ones I can remember off the top of my head are - Fairy Godmother, Rafiki, Max (Goofy's son!), Minnie, Chip, Dale, Goofy, Pluto, and maybe one more. It was very fun!

LandFan
03-27-2016, 04:34 PM
Breakfast with Stitch and friends at Paradise Pier hotel is good!