PDA

View Full Version : Tusker House price lunch with characters vs. dinner & no characters...

LandFan
03-23-2016, 06:16 PM
Quick question - I've eaten dinner at Tusker House Thanksgiving night in 2014 but we had free dining so I never looked at the price. Is there a difference between eating lunch and having characters vs. eating dinner with no characters? Just wondering because we don't really need the characters as we are all adults and will see many during our trip and since the buffett offering is basically the same...??

We are going June 19th-ish...

TIA for any info you may have :)

deedee73
03-23-2016, 11:59 PM
All meals at Tusker House are with characters. You can check out the specifics on allears. Their menu was current as of December 2015. From what I could see the offerings were similar and the base price for both were 31.99 but the top seasonal price had a $3 difference bw lunch & dinner.

VWL Mom
03-24-2016, 06:21 AM
As of March 1 - prices with tax at Tusker house
Breakfast $31.95
Lunch $44.73
Dinner $44.73

I had read that when they increased the DDP pricing many of the buffets increased their prices and in addition made lunch and dinner the same. For those paying OOP (like me) the new pricing will make buffets a thing of the past, just not worth it IMO.

BrerGnat
03-24-2016, 11:11 AM
http://intercot.com/infocentral/dining/menus/animalkingdom/tuskerhouse.asp

We list a range that goes up to $60 per Disney's official information. It is safe to assume your meal will fall in the middle of the listed range unless it is a holiday. All meals have characters, as mentioned.

LandFan
03-24-2016, 03:19 PM
All meals at Tusker House are with characters.

Huh - that must be new. There were no characters there for the dinner we were at the night of Thanksgiving 2014...

Thanks for the info everyone. I know - they are getting so pricey! This and BOMA are the only ones we are doing this trip as we are paying OOP.

LandFan
03-24-2016, 03:33 PM
Ok so I went to make a dinner reservation and it just calls it "Tusker House Restaurant Dinner" as opposed to my lunch reservation which says "Donald's Dining Safari Lunch at Tusker House Restaurant" so I am assuming they still do not have characters at dinner. Can anyone confirm this?

LandFan
03-25-2016, 02:07 PM
Nevermind... I found out it did change about 3 weeks after we were there last. They just never changed the name in the disney dining reservations system to match the lunch name. :D

biggun35
03-28-2016, 09:25 AM
What is the latest reservation for dinner at Tusker House? Always eat breakfast there on our last day but may try dinner the next trip.

LandFan
03-29-2016, 07:54 AM
What is the latest reservation for dinner at Tusker House? Always eat breakfast there on our last day but may try dinner the next trip.

At the moment it looks like 7pm but I would think it would be open later than that once the evening park hours and River of Lights show starts up next month...