PDA

View Full Version : Tusker House

mgmnut
03-21-2016, 06:58 PM
With Tusker House lunch being a character buffet, is it still enjoyable for a group of just adults, or geared more towards groups with little children?

By group of adult I mean there will be 2 x 18 y/o's, the other 4 of us are 40's +.

I have heard good things about the food, can anyone with first hand experience recommend it?

Is the food really good, or just good for a character buffet?

Basket Mommy
03-21-2016, 07:59 PM
My parents, who are in their late 60s, just ate there at the beginning of March and loved it. The food, in my opinion, is delicious. My parents enjoyed some interaction with the characters. I think they do visit adult tables but don't go overboard unless you are just really into it. Go and have fun!

mgmnut
03-22-2016, 07:13 AM
Wow is it really $59.99 PP for the buffet lunch in June?? It is described as an open air eatery, which translates to me as No AC in the summer. We plan sit down / TS lunch to escape the heat for a bit and recharge in the AC, for this we might have to pass. Plus I can't really justify a $320.00 lunch for the 6 of us.

VWL Mom
03-22-2016, 09:04 AM
The most recent price I saw for lunch (3/1/16) was about $45 plus tax Which is still not cheep but where are you seeing $59.99? It's not open air, that's the portion out front. It's around back, enclosed, and air conditioned.

mgmnut
03-22-2016, 03:09 PM
Right on the Disney website, it says lunch price range is $30.00 to 59.99, even at 45.00, that is steep for 6ppl @ lunch. We are already doing a few sit downs, one being California Grill, and also HDDR. Going to swap to Rainforest Cafe for this day looks like a nice range of selections on the menu.

BrerGnat
03-22-2016, 03:18 PM
What about Yak & Yeti? It seems to be better overall than Rainforest Cafe.

ThanxForNoticin
03-22-2016, 05:02 PM

I would agree with this recommendation 100%. Y&Y could be a good place to check out for lunch.

#1donaldfan
03-23-2016, 01:09 PM
I would agree with this recommendation 100%. Y&Y could be a good place to check out for lunch.

I also think Yak n Yeti would be a better choice over Rainforest. For that matter, do you have to do a table service for lunch ?? We love Flame Tree BBQ ... it's very good but it's open air ..... that option would save you a bunch of money !!

mgmnut
03-24-2016, 07:09 AM

Yes, we really enjoy Y&Y, we have had a sit down meal there twice. Lunch does not "have" to be a sitdown but we usually do 1 sit down a day at least and this is the meal we planned.

I am going to keep my RFC ressie and kick around going to Flame Tree BBQ instead.