PDA

View Full Version : Possible ADR choices-comments, reviews welcome

MississippiDisneyFreak
03-19-2016, 02:18 PM
We like to plan well in advance so here are our tentative ADRs for our upcoming trip. We are taking a friend of the family who has never stayed on grounds or eaten in the parks, she's only been for a two day trip. She's 21 but has some disabilities and is very child like in many ways. She is very excited about meeting characters so we will be doing a character breakfast:

Here they are (all of them will be a first time visit for our guest):

Breakfast:
Chef Mickey's-1st for all of us

Lunch:
50's Prime Time-1st time for me /mom has already been

Dinners:
Be Our Guest-2nd for me and mom
Boatwrights-1st time for all
Tutto Italia-1st time for all
Coral Reef-1st time for all
Yak and Yeti-1st time for all

Fangorn
03-19-2016, 03:12 PM
Just my 2 cents. This is a nice list.

Of these, my favorite is Boatwrights. The pimento cheese fritters are killer. Although it's an appetizer, i could easily make a meal out of these. I also like Yak and Yeti. Appetizers here are also very good, and worth a look.

Be Our Guest is not a place I ever have to go again unless I'm with a first timer. Then it's just for the experience, not the food. Same with Chef Mickeys. Way over priced for basic, pre-cooked, sitting out under the heat lamp, buffet breakfast, but then you're paying for the character experience (which i honestly don't think is all that great). I will say, though, we were there last Dec and seeing the delight on my 3 yo grandson's face in meeting the characters was incredible. (But he had the same reaction meeting Mickey at Town Hall, and the interaction there was much longer and better.)

I think you'll enjoy all of these, especially with your guest.
Enjoy!

Steve

MississippiDisneyFreak
03-19-2016, 03:24 PM
Yeah, the breakfast buffets all seem pretty basic to me. We have a tradition of doing breakfast our checkout day and started doing character breakfasts 3 trips back after having a blast at 1900 Park Fare. Like you said it is the atmosphere not the food you go for although we haven't had a bad breakfast just nothing special. Kona was our one breakfast standout but its not a character meal. I gave our guest some choices and she chose Chef Mickey's and was super excited about the characters so I guess it will be worth it.

Pirate Granny
03-20-2016, 11:21 AM
I don't like the formal Italian place....we love Via Napoli much better and cheaper

MississippiDisneyFreak
03-20-2016, 12:26 PM
We ate at Via Napoli last trip. I loved everything about it, mom not as much. A food allergy limited what she could order and she wanted pasta not pizza. I had the pizza and it was wonderful, desserts too and service the best we had all trip.

But mom likes the menu choices at the other better so we are going to give it a shot. I'm hoping its not a bust.

Hammer
03-21-2016, 01:44 PM
I actually prefer Trattoria al Forno (at the Boardwalk) over Tutto Italia for Italian food, but otherwise I think it is a good list :tasty: !

BriarRose0708
03-21-2016, 03:07 PM
Great list! I really enjoyed Yak and Yeti and Coral Reef, and Chef Mickey's is a very fun spot for a character breakfast! Have a great trip!

CynBeth
03-21-2016, 05:40 PM
50's Prime Time- We love it and have dinner there every trip.
Be Our Guest - We enjoy it and were lucky to have dinner our last few trips.
Tutto Italia- We had lunch for the first time last trip and loved it
Coral Reef - We have had 1 dinner and 2 lunches there and really like it.

LandFan
03-25-2016, 01:51 PM
I actually prefer Trattoria al Forno (at the Boardwalk) over Tutto Italia for Italian food, but otherwise I think it is a good list :tasty: !

I've heard good things about it too so we will be trying it in June ourselves. We've eaten at Tutto in the past and really enjoyed it but it was a while ago and I'd heard it is not quite the same so we are going to try the new place.

MississippiDisneyFreak
03-25-2016, 01:51 PM
Thanks for the reviews. I showed mom the menus for Tutto Italia and Trattoria al Forno and she picked Tutto. I thought the other one sounded better but this one was her's to choose.