PDA

View Full Version : Getting to Hoop Dee Doo

sgdisney
03-17-2016, 09:08 PM
Thinking about doing Hoop Dee Doo on our next trip. If we drive to Fort Wilderness, can we drive all the way in, or do they make you park and take a bus to Pioneer Hall? It will be in December and I'd really like to see the campground with all the campers decorated.

SgtTigger
03-17-2016, 09:41 PM
you will have to park and take a bus to Pioneer hall. There is no parking around the hall.

Genie1953
03-17-2016, 11:45 PM
We use Disney transportation but when we went to Fort Wilderness we took the monorail to the Contemporary and then took a very relaxing boat ride to Fort Wilderness. It was wonderful!

DizneyRox
03-18-2016, 07:14 AM
Boat from Contemporary is one of the best ways. You can walk/bus around Fort Wilderness if you want, then catch the boat back.

mgmnut
03-18-2016, 09:19 AM
Boat from Contemporary is one of the best ways. You can walk/bus around Fort Wilderness if you want, then catch the boat back.

This is how we get there as well, a boat ride from MK or from Contemporary. I love the boat ride from MK and Contemporary, very relaxing.

#1donaldfan
03-18-2016, 11:58 AM
The Contemp boat is the absolute fastest way to get there. You can also rent a golf cart and drive through the camp grounds to see the lights, they're kind of expensive tho

deedee73
03-19-2016, 01:25 AM
We take the boat too...the bus ride is just too long and definitely not as relaxing.

TheHD
03-20-2016, 06:04 PM
It seems like it's just me and my daughter who notice and she freaks out big-time, but does nobody notice the massive amounts of spiders on these boats? I'm guessing they're just there during the summer months and maybe spring, but they are nasty and abundant during nighttime as the lights are on. Freaks us out, we have to sit toward the middle.

#1donaldfan
03-22-2016, 07:53 PM
I've never paid much attention to that. Actually if I'm on a boat at night I'm so tired that I sleep all the way to our destination. Probably got spiders crawling all over me. Of course if I did, I'm sure my kids would have filmed them running across my forehead .... haha

TheHD
03-27-2016, 10:13 PM
:bug: