PDA

View Full Version : Just some ADR tips based on my experience this morning...

JanetMegan
03-16-2016, 09:14 AM
Wasn't sure if I should post this in Vacation Planning or Dining.

I got up early to make our ADRs for Sept this morning. We have a fairly long trip so I felt like this would be a good time to make some overall tips and comments based on what went down this morning.

I've done this about 4 times now and never had trouble using my iphone or ipad to make them...until today. Make sure you have a regular pc handy. It flat out would not let me make the ADRs this morning on the devices with the app no matter what I tried.

Next, go for your most popular places first. I needed a 7pm Ohana for the 8th night in on our trip for 8 people and was able to snag it but checking earlier in the trip and it was no dice. Book any Magic Kingdom dining first. With 9 nights to choose from right at 6am I was totally shut out of Be Our Guest, which part of me doesn't even see how that is possible but I was. We also got a less than desirable time at Liberty Tree for night 7. It seems that things are really full for September already, even though park hours aren't even posted yet (which is frustrating.)

Just thought I would pass those things along...

faline
03-16-2016, 09:16 AM
Thanks, Janet!

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-16-2016, 09:43 AM
I think people book up September, hoping for free dining, which makes things seem far more booked than they need to be.

Keep checking back, I've been able to snag things I missed the first morning that way.

magicofdisney
03-16-2016, 11:14 AM
I think people book up September, hoping for free dining, which makes things seem far more booked than they need to be.

Keep checking back, I've been able to snag things I missed the first morning that way.
Agreed.

Itchy
03-16-2016, 12:05 PM
Wow! I guess I got lucky when I made my ADR's on the 8th. I got all the ones I wanted and times as well. When I booked BOG they offered three times close to 5pm and I took the 4:45.

We only have a party of 2, not sure if that made a difference with you having a party of 8.

TheSorcererofFantasia
03-17-2016, 07:41 PM
I experienced the same thing this morning at 6am, it was frustrating. We have a 15 night trip planned for Sept and struggled to get the reservations and times we wanted.

Dewberry
03-17-2016, 09:13 PM
I also tried at 6 a.m. this morning to get dinner ressies for Be Our Guest in Sept, and could only get lunch. I did notice, however, that the time offered for dinner only went up to 6 pm that night, even though the park is listed to close at 9 p.m. Looking at the other full-service listings in MK, they all only went up to 6 p.m. Anyone know why??

JanetMegan
03-18-2016, 08:39 AM
Ok this is a good point, I noticed the same thing. Maybe it's cause the actual park hours aren't out yet? I'd love to go back and change our early Liberty Tree to later in the evening. Maybe we need to be checking back as they (finally hopefully) release park hours.

Dewberry
03-18-2016, 11:01 AM
That seems to be the plan! Will be watching for those MNNSHP dates to be announced, then all those times should open up :)