PDA

View Full Version : Designated viewing areas for parades/shows/fireworks if in a wheelchair?

Euby
03-15-2016, 08:27 AM
A few years ago, I took Mom to MNSSHP and they had special "parking" areas so people in wheelchairs could see the parade. Do they also do this normally or was it because it was a special event?

:mickey:

Strmchsr
03-15-2016, 04:59 PM
They normally have wheelchair designated viewing areas for all the parades and fireworks. However, those spots often fill up very fast as they aren't very large so you'll want to make sure to get there early. Also, on especially crowded days they sometimes limit the number of family members who can stand in the area with the person in the wheelchair. Not always, but occasionally.

Speedy1998
03-16-2016, 12:30 PM
As Strmchsr said, they always have special viewing areas. When I go, which is during the most crowded times of the year (my wife is a teacher), they usually limit those areas to the disabled person an one other guest.

Euby
03-17-2016, 07:42 AM
Are the areas on the guide map? or do I need to ask at guest services?

Strmchsr
03-17-2016, 11:41 AM
I don't think they're on the maps but they are marked around the parade route and fireworks viewing areas. But I'm sure guest services could give you details about where to find those areas.