PDA

View Full Version : Dining plan question

jenperich
03-10-2016, 01:58 PM
In November, we are taking a family trip to WDW. There will be three adults/one child on one reservation, and two adults/two children on the other reservation. Now one room wants the DDP, and one room doesn't. Is it possible to get the deluxe plan, split the price, and use the credits for everyone - until they run out? TIA for the help!

Goofy4TheWorld
03-10-2016, 07:46 PM
Until very recently, the answer was NO, Disney explicitly prohibited sharing of DDP credits.

However the rules changed recently, and now you ARE supposedly* allowed to share credits, which is basically what you would be doing with your proposed strategy. Of course you would have to "split the cost" yourself, Disney won't do it for you.

Because this is the first time anyone has posted such a proposal, I am not sure if it's a good use of your money or not. But it definitely sounds, on first look, like a great idea!

*EDIT: After my first post I Googled the idea, and apparently Disney never officially declared sharing legal, they just deleted the written rule on the DDP brochures which said you could NOT share. So it may be an unspoken rule that you can share, but one that might occasionally be refused by a random CM...

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-10-2016, 10:41 PM
Although this may be possible, it may be harder than you expect. Are you planning to share meals? What happens when the credits run out? We did the deluxe plan once, and felt "forced" into all TS meals, since it feels like a waste to use a credit on a QS meal. I'm sure it could work with some planning though.

But, is it worth it? The room that wants the DDP can get it, and the room that doesn't, doesn't. You can still schedule meals together, and everyone can pay how they would like.

VWL Mom
03-11-2016, 05:36 AM
One thing to remember is only the room the pays for the plan will have the credits. That person would have to pay for all the meals/snacks, the 2nd room will not have any credits. This is fine if you will be eating all your meals together.

momof3+twins
03-11-2016, 05:46 PM
You can use the credits anyway that you want. No one ever questions anything when you are using your dining anyway. It way too much food anyway. But, I would keep an eye out for free dining so you don't have to share. The dining credit can't be divided between the two rooms by Disney though...so say you get the dining plan on your reservation, then only the magic bands from you room will pay for the meals.

jenperich
03-11-2016, 06:08 PM
Thank you everyone for your input! We have decided not to do our plan because it's quite a bit more money than I had thought. So we'll do the regular plan and the others can pay OOP.