PDA

View Full Version : Resale question?

andmomlau
03-08-2016, 01:31 PM
My husband and I purchased 150 pts at VGF three years ago...we have already used it multiple times and would like to purchase 50 more points. Has anyone used the Timeshare Store and what are you thoughts? Buy thru Disney or go resale? We really don't plan to use it for anything more than the Disney resorts....thanks!

faline
03-08-2016, 02:55 PM
We bought resale through the Time Share store and had an excellent experience. They were very professional and kept us informed each step of the way. If I were going to purchase any more points, I would not hesitate to work with them again!

VWL Mom
03-08-2016, 03:37 PM
If you're adding the 50 on at VGF, you might consider going direct. The 50 point contracts available now are going in the $160 range and are stripped of this years points. For the extra $6-10 a point I would personally rather go through Disney, match my current use year, avoid the ROFR experience, and get all of the current use year points.

andmomlau
03-08-2016, 03:41 PM
I don't necessarily need to buy VGF points. We've only stayed there once and loved it but it took so many points. Are GF points even still for sale through Disney?

VWL Mom
03-10-2016, 06:39 AM
I don't necessarily need to buy VGF points. We've only stayed there once and loved it but it took so many points. Are GF points even still for sale through Disney?
Last I heard they still were accepting waitlists for them.

Since you don't necessarily need VGF then I would go resale. Two suggestions I'd offer though 1)find something with your current use year so it stays on one master contract avoiding the need for transfers and 2)check the point charts and see what 50 points would get you for the new resort at 11 months if you have a specific time/place in mind.

andmomlau
03-10-2016, 07:07 PM
Thanks so much! That is my thought that 50 pts wont get a lot....a waiting game for the right deal to come up! We don't NEED them but it would be nice to have the 200 rather than the 150...