PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed in Liberty Tree Tavern

4disneynuts
03-01-2016, 04:59 PM
Has anyone else noticed that Liberty Tree Tavern food has gone down hill. The last two times we ate there it was not very good. Now I see the mashed potatos, which was one of the things I loved there, has the skins in them. I absolutely hate it when they leave the skins in the mashed potatos. I am really debating if we should even go there on our trip in October.

Can anyone tell me if Chef Mickeys:mickey: or Crystal Palace have regular mashed potatos and carved turkey on their dinner buffet. Maybe we will try one of those places.

Thanks!

Pirate Granny
03-01-2016, 06:02 PM
Doesn't the garden grill have turkey? But I don't think mashed potatoes

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-01-2016, 07:33 PM
I agree Garden Grill is a great choice for a LTT type meal.

We have LTT booked for our next trip, and I am hopeful it will still be OK, it has been a few years since we've been there. Was it just the potatoes, was the rest of the meal OK?

I've only been to Chef Mickey's once, and I swore never again!

4disneynuts
03-02-2016, 08:57 AM
I agree Garden Grill is a great choice for a LTT type meal.

We have LTT booked for our next trip, and I am hopeful it will still be OK, it has been a few years since we've been there. Was it just the potatoes, was the rest of the meal OK?

I've only been to Chef Mickey's once, and I swore never again!

Actually the last two times we went it just wasn't the same. The meat seemed to be a lower quality, even the regular mashed potatos were not as good as prior visits. Not sure what happened. It used to be my favorite place to go.

Did you have the dinner at Chef Mickeys? What didn't you like.

Mendelson
03-02-2016, 09:47 AM
I've never been there, but I guess the good news is that if the skins are in there it means they are using real potatoes and not instant/flakes.

John
03-02-2016, 11:02 AM
We ate there around thanksgiving and really enjoyed the meal and the service. No issues from me on the skins in the potatoes. Food was great. First time I had been there in about 5-7 years.

Checkers
03-03-2016, 05:19 PM
We ate there on Thanksgiving Day and it was great. The restaurant had just undergone a renovation and there were a few bumps (received a FP+ to compensate), but we all loved it.

andmomlau
03-11-2016, 09:27 PM
We were there last March and are going again next week...can't wait! LTT was one of our favorites. We did Chef Mickey too...just two adults and I wouldn't go again! I understand the popularity with younger children...all the great characters are there...food....not so much!